Chapter 14

2 weeks later

The boys of St. Gabriel's are gathered at their campus with luggages and traveling bags in hand.

The ambience is filled with joyful chatters as they all get ready for their summer vacation in Phuket.

Ford made a head count to make sure that all of his team members are there.

When Ford invited his teammates last week, he didn't expect all of them would agree.

They still have no idea that they are going to share their vacation with their rival team.

Ford is slightly nervous about how they're all going to react once they get there, but a big part of him is excited to see how this vacation will turn out.

Hopefully for the better.

"Alright we're all set! Let's go!" Ford announced after finishing the head count making the players cheer in excitement.

The St. Gabriel boys will be riding in two cars which was already divided prior to their travel.

When they were entering the vehicle, Fourth was skeptical whether he'd sit next to Barcode or not.

They haven't had the chance to talk after that night.

He contemplated on it a lot. But the answer he was looking for is still undefined.

He was tempted to just sit beside him and talk to him, but a big part of him was still scared so he decided to just sit next to Ford.

Maybe they'll have a chance to talk about what happened anytime today.

"So, how is it going with you and Gemini?"

His nosy friend Ford, asked just as the car revved and started moving.

"It's going well, I guess. We've been talking a lot."

"He still hasn't ask you out on a date?!" Ford exasperatingly questioned.

Fourth elbowed his friend for asking too loud. Afraid that his teammates will hear him.

"Not yet. Can you keep your voice down?" The short captain replied through gritted teeth. Ford only rolled his eyes at Fourth before opening a bag of chips.

"You know, for someone who's been eagerly waiting for you. Gemini is so freaking slow. It's been two weeks since he asked you out-"

"He didn't ask me out. He ask me for permission to courtship. Just so we're clear." Fourth butted in, correcting Ford.

"It's the same thing. As I was saying. I'm disappointed because I expected more from him. Because THIS-" Ford dramatically motioned his hands circularly in the air. "this is not what I thought it'd be."

"You're being dramatic. It's not like that's what I want from him."

"Fourth you don't understand, okay? If a guy asks you out-"

"Again, he didn't ask me out. But go on."

Fourth once again interrupted earning him another eyeroll from his now annoyed friend.

"All I'm saying is, if he doesn't show any efforts on wooing you. Where will that get him? I mean, the point of courting is literally spending time together. So, what has he been doing?"

Ford disappointingly pointed out.

"Mark and I literally went on a romantic date days after he asked me out. I just wanna put that out there."

"Well he's not Mark, is he Mr. Bragger?"

The two fell silent after that conversation.

Fourth may be a little disappointed by the lack of enthusiasm from Gemini to spend time together but he's not complaining about it.