Chapter 10

Fourth's POV

After the game ended, coach Tinnaphob invited us for dinner.

It became our yearly tradition to eat at his house after every season's league.

I am now at home taking a cold shower, preparing to go at coach's.

We all decided to meet at St. Gabriel's, as per coach's request for the players to all go there together. He said we'll use the school bus as a mode of transport.

He said he wanted to see us all as a whole team going to his house instead of showing up one by one.

The overwhelming feeling of winning the championship, still hasn't sinked in in my head fully. I still couldn't believe we won.

The amount of people who wanted to take a picture with us and the amount of people asking questions as if we're some type of celebrities, really intimidated me earlier. It was a moment I didn't expect would've happened in my life. It was overwhelming.

After taking a shower, I immediately changed into comfortable clothing before going downstairs to ask for my parents' permission.

They've watched the game earlier and my mom cried harder than me. It was funny thinking about it now but I was crying really hard too, so that was... Something.

Just seeing them being so proud of me made me want to continue to thrive and be a better player for them.

This game was special to me today because my dad was there to watch me. Most of the time, he's on a business trip somewhere out of the country when season leagues are starting, so, I'm glad he finally had the chance to watch me, and the fact that my team won, just made it so much more special.

"There's my champion!" My dad greeted when I finally made it to our living room.

I smiled as I saw my mom sitting beside my dad on the couch watching the local news that is covering our game earlier.

I got stunned when I saw myself on TV--- and the embarassing part was, the news is currently showing the time when I was crying while hugging Barcode right after he made the winning shot.

God, I looked pathetic.

"I forgot to ask you earlier, who was that boy on your team? I haven't seen him before." My mom asked as they both focused their eyes on the television.

"Oh, yeah, he's new. Coach recruited him. His name is Barcode and he's from the US."

"Oh really?! That's why he didn't seem familiar. Such a handsome young man. Look at him hugging you." My mom voiced out in adoration which made me more embarrassed than I already was.

"I like him. Plus, he's a great player too." My dad chimed in as he looked at me while wiggling his eyebrows. Like he's telling me, he knows something. What's that supposed to mean?

"More than me?" I fake-sulked at him.

"Well, I like you two TOGETHER."My dad winked, emphasizing the word 'together' while holding up both his index finger, making them meet.

What is he doing?

I was so confused until it hit me.

NOOOOOO. My dad is actually teasing me with Barcode.

I felt my face heating up as realization hit me.

Dad must've sensed how flustered I was as he tried to laugh it off and dismiss the joke with his hands.

I can never really hide anything from him. Can I?

"You're having dinner at coach Tinnaphob's house, right?" My mom asked, not noticing my dad's teasing.