Chapter Four

EDDIE POV

Why couldn't I get this girl out of my head? I'd never had anyone stuck in my head like this before. I had a sneaking suspicion it was my damn ego. I didn't usually have a problem with a girl I'd set my sights on falling for my charms. But Violet Henderson was something else. She wouldn't even give me the time of day.

And it was fucking infuriating!

At first I thought she hated my guts, but after the Hellfire night at the Hendersons she seemed to have thawed somewhat and called something of a truce? I couldn't for the life of me understand how a smart, quick witted and smoking hot chick like that would settle for Billy fucking Hargrove. Of all people, the town man whore.

Was she blind?

I know I'm not innocent. I'd done plenty of....stuff with girls. Lots of girls. But Hargrove was on another level. He'd even tried banging Mrs Wheeler! It wasn't common knowledge. No one really knew. But I HAD seen her fawning all over him in the supermarket and at the public pool one day where he was life guarding.

Why was I at the public pool? I was collecting the little sheepies for a campaign after they'd been swimming. Those little shits promised to be waiting out the front for me but after 20 minutes I'd gone in to see them still frolicking in the water. That was when I'd passed Billy and heard him propositioning Mrs Wheeler with "private swimming lessons".

Couldn't blame HIM. Mrs Wheeler was a babe. An absolute milf. But she obviously had piss poor taste of she was falling for his shit. I don't think it ever actually happened. I hope not for Mikes sake. Even Nancys sake. Imagine how she'd feel knowing her mom had gone to bed with someone from her high school.

Why did Violet hate ME? She didn't even know me. I had a feeling she'd been hurt before. Actually I KNEW she'd been hurt before. Dustin had accidentally told me at the roller derby match that night. He said emotionally AND physically. That made me feel like shit. Any man who laid his hands on a woman in any way other than pleasure, didn't deserve to keep breathing.

I may get around with the ladies a bit, but one thing I would never do would be to hurt a woman. Or stand by and watch a man hurt a woman.

God dammit Dustin. Why did you tell me not enough so I knew what happened to your hot sister, but just enough to keep me completely and utterly intrigued?

VIOLET POV

I needed more weed. It was a Friday night. After roller derby I was meeting Billy and we were going to a party at Steve Harringtons house. His parents were never at home and he had a huge house with a massive pool. His parties were legendary.

But Billy and I had smoked the rest of my stash a week ago. I groaned knowing what I had to do. I yelled up the stairs from my basement knowing Dustin was in the living room with his friends who had yet again set up camp at the Hendersons.

"HEY DUSTIN!" There was a pause in the boys conversation before I heard a "WHAT?!" "C'mere!" "WHAT??" "COME HERE DUSTIN!" I heard a huff as he sighed before stomping down the stairs to my room. "What V? We're in the middle of writing a campaign!" "I thought Eddie wrote your campaigns?" "We can still play without Hellfire. What do you want!" "Um...speaking of Eddie I..." "no no hell no!" "What?" "Don't tell me you have a thing for him Violet!" "What?! Ew no! I just need to talk to him. Do you have his number?"

He raised an eyebrow and stared at me not blinking. "What for?" "Dustin yes or no?!" "Yes I have his number! Why do you want it?" "I want to ask him something." He rolled his eyes. "You want to buy pot from him don't you?" "Shhh! Keep your damn voice down! Moms home!" "I'm not wrong though am I?" "Ok fine! Yes! Can you give me his number please?!" "What do I get out of it?"