Chapter 12

We walked almost a full path towards the cafeteria

We walked almost a full path towards the cafeteria. But while we were on our way there, we noticed that the others were all headed there as well. This included Mage, Alex, Skyla, and Zaina.

When we asked them what they were doing out, they all had the same answer. They were told to go to the cafeteria. That's when my stomach began to churn and twist. My heart began to beat faster and faster along the way.

I was taking Majin's words into consideration when we first started walking. We probably got in trouble somehow. And I betted it was my fault. I cursed myself for ever fighting them in the first place.

Better yet, I thought it was for the dead bodies. Or worse, that time Don played Jenga with the bodies of the scientists in the facility chamber at a certain point and time. Whatever it was for, I blamed myself for it still.

Once we had made it to the last hall area, we could tell the cafeteria was right past this door. We all knew since we'd either walk here by ourselves at some point, but originally we weren't allowed to have company.

"So this is it... any last words?" Travis spoke. "Shut up dude. I told you, there will be some food waiting for us!" Tenebris said, sure of himself. "I highly doubt they would call all of us, just for some food..." Mage told his thoughts

I didn't know what it was, nor did I care. While they were all on guard, was literally holding onto Lisanna's arm by pure instinct. Don couldn't help but laugh at me. But right when I was about to say something, Zaina opened the door instead.

As surprised as I was, I realized that all of my worries were for nothing. Once we had arrived in the room, no adults were in it. We even walked in and checked behind the doors, but no adults were hiding there either. Even under the table.

Then just a quick moment of silence later, multiple men that wore fancy suits entered the room with plates full of food

Then just a quick moment of silence later, multiple men that wore fancy suits entered the room with plates full of food. The aroma was so hypnotizing and delicious, I let go of Lisanna and almost pounced on it... Tenebris held me back.

Once the men had dropped off our individual meals, they left as quick as they came. "See Mage? I told you that there was nothing to fear. Just look at this food!" Tenebris was the first one to sit down... besides me of course.

"Just shut up and eat

"Just shut up and eat.." Mage replied as everybody else began to join in and dig into the food. There were absolutely no words I had for how good it tasted. Everything was so... unique and juicy!!

"OH MY GOSH!! This tastes so good!" Skyla yelled as she began to chow down faster. "It can't be that good-" Alex took a bite. After that, her eyes widened as she dropped her fork. "This is the best food I've ever tasted." Alex said shocked.

"Agreed!!" Tenebris already had his first bite. I was just devouring my food without any regard for who watched. To be honest though, the same could be said for half of us. We showed absolutely no mercy towards the food on our plates.

The only ones who held some manners were Zaina, Lisanna, Athena, Nagima, Mage, and Aria. The rest of us continued to eat like animals until we couldn't eat anymore. But somehow, as well mannered Athena was, she finished the quickest.

We all looked at her with suspecting eyes. "What? I just really like food.." Athena said embarrassed. At the same time I guess it didn't matter. We were almost already done to begin with. Heck, I sure was.

There were so few of us that actually still had some scraps left on our plates. We'd be lucky if there wasn't a little bit of a mess left behind. Still, I had some manners. Therefore, I was gonna use my napkin to clean my face.

But instead, Lisanna did it for me. I was blushing a little bit, but then I decided to return the favor with her napkin. "You two are so cute together." Aria said suddenly. That's when we both looked at her crazy.

"Let's be real, you two have been getting kinda closer lately." Alex added. "Yeah." Travis agreed. "W-well it's.. just because we're good friends!" I retorted. "Yeah, really! That's it!" Lisanna added. "Yeah!" I agreed last second.

"Mhmm.. right." Mage took one last bite of his food. "So we can all agree that if Ajin wasn't able to copy me, I would've won right?" Leo asked. "NO." We all answered. "Y'all are mean.." Leo pouted.

We chuckled at his reaction. "So guys... don't y'all think it's crazy? How we started off as strangers.. and now we're eating together?" Athena mentioned. "Heh, yeah... it's been so crazy. Especially since Ajin came." Majin commented.

I looked around and smiled at everyone. For some reason, I was just happy to be with them. "Say.. you guys remember that time when Nagima was teaching Ajin how to parkour in the air?" Lisanna reminisced.

A few of use began to laugh, but I was a little embarrassed. "Yeah. I remember when Ajin kept tipping and flipping uncontrollably." Nagima laughed. "H-hey!! I was trying!" I grumbled. Everyone continued to laugh.

"Oh, and I remember that time when Nagima kept confusing Ajin with her ability." Mage pointed out. "Hey, they were using it against me!" I retorted. "But you can't deny that I still look beautiful." Nagima said while turning into a girl.

"H-hey!" I flushed a little. "Hey cut it out. He's clearly uncomfortable." Lisanna asserted with a deadly glare. "Fun while it lasted.." Nagima sighed. Then, the speakers came on: telling us to go back to our rooms.

Therefore, we all hugged and hand shook each other before walking off. But before I was gonna walk to my door all by myself, I was stopped by Zaina. "I need you to do me a favor. Don't leave your room tomorrow. Seriously." Zaina said and walked off.

After that, Lisanna walked by me. she tapped my shoulders and looked at me with jealous eyes. "Do you like them..?" Lisanna hinted at Nagima. "No!! Them and I are just friends. They just keep teasing me is all.." I responded.

"Hmm okay. Then let me walk you to your room." Lisanna insisted. "Wait, that's gonna get you in trouble won't it??" I asked. "Maybe. Maybe not. I don't care." Lisanna grabbed my hand and made me come along.

This felt embarrassing and at the same time, irregular for her. Yet at the same time... I think I kind of like it. So I just walked with her and went with it. Still, no matter how long the night was... I kept thinking about Zaina's demand... why exactly couldn't I come tomorrow?