Chapter 17

I opened the door and I was slightly surprised by the surroundings. It consisted of multiple white tiles that laid flat on the ground from where I stood, to all the way up front.

 It consisted of multiple white tiles that laid flat on the ground from where I stood, to all the way up front

If anything, the room looked like a fairy tale throne room instead of a regular office. Despite the nice scenery, I was still on a mission. I searched and searched throughout the room to see if I could find the warden.

I looked at the couch ahead of me. I looked under the sofas. I even looked at the paintings and windows. I couldn't find the warden anywhere. Then all of a sudden, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I swung my hand back, but the person jumped back in the nick of time.

 I swung my hand back, but the person jumped back in the nick of time

"That's awfully rude of you. Didn't Salma ever teach you about a thing called respect?" He said nonchalantly. Due to his young appearance, I hesitated. "Are you the warden..?" I asked, preparing myself.

"Yup, That's me. The name is Scott dire. Descendant of the infamous Shawn Dire-ah who am I kidding. You know nothing about us since you aren't of the 'outside world'." He moved his fingers mockingly.

"Okay, so I know that we're supposed to fight and all that, but I'm feeling really cocky sooo..." Scott sat down on a sofa. "I'll let you ask me two questions, since I'm so nice." Scott looked a little too relaxed.

Feeling weird yet still angry, I reluctantly sat down. "Why are we here?" I asked. "Normally it would be to study you, but my father insists that we use you to fight the inferior species we like to call 'Driggas'. Next!"

"What are Driggas..?" I asked. "The same race that's also responsible for your creation by mingling with our kind. Also known as dragons. You're nowhere near a dragon. Your DNA is too close to a human's to be one. And yet you still hold power, but you're not a dragonblood either." Scott stopped rambling.

"Okay. So what are-" I was telekinetically blasted through the wall. As I fell, I was able to stay afloat before I actually had fallen down. I looked back at where I was originally, and saw Scott looking at me through the damaged wall.

"I'm sorry, but I was tired of feeling nice! Also, you asked me two questions by the way!" Scott yelled out to me. I gritted my teeth and unsheathed my aura again. "Oh so we're fighting now?! Okay!" Scott zoomed at me with a punch.

I blocked it, but we started sliding down onto the ground. I pushed him off of me, but he landed on his feet. I stood back up, and dashed at him from all sides. Somehow, he was able to catch up with me and block all of my light attacks.

For my next attack, I put in more strength behind it. Just from the impact, he was sent flying through the trees that remained around the asylum walls. Scott landed on the walls, and started moving his hands all weirdly.

Just a moment later, multiple thick and sharp pillars of stone and dirt launched at me. They looked normal, but they had green and black energy and lightning surging all around them. I had a feeling they weren't to be taken lightly.

I ran and jumped over any of the pillars I could get by. Those that I couldn't or didn't want to dodge, I punched through them with more strength than I felt I should have.

Knowing the other pillars would redirect as well, I punched them away too. Still, there were more that came my way out of nowhere. As surprised as I was, I didn't give up. I flew and soared about the air, dodging and punching all of them.

If I didn't think of a plan soon, I could tell things were gonna take all night. I was growing impatient as I saw him smiling at my struggles. I charged my hand with my aura, and launched a huge fireball at Scott.

I watched as the huge flaming ball of energy approached Scott and destroyed all of his remaining pillars. To my surprise, it became sliced in half by Scott's hand. Once the huge burst of energy dispersed, I was able to see his wicked grin.

I dived down to kick him in the head, but he dodged it, grabbed my leg, and slammed me on the other side of the ground. I don't know why, but I was kind of able to feel that one a little. That didn't mean I was willing to stay down however.

I bounced back up, and ran up on him again. This time, I increased my strength with more malice than I had held before. I threw a punch at Scott once more, and he caught it... again. This time, the air around us raged and the ground was breaking apart.

I saw Scott's limbs turn shiny and gold. Red lightning began to surged around his body as more energy surged throughout mine. He and I began to fight via hand to hand combat. The more we fought, the faster we moved around the asylum.

He was enjoying every single moment of it. It's like every move I made was basically for nothing. Yet at the same time, I could tell that he and we're on equal terms for now. Or at least that's what I was thinking as we continued or brawl.

I flipped, kicked, and span around him to confuse him at times, but my last one is the same pattern that got me into trouble. Once I was in midair again, he pounced on me into the ground. Then he started punching me in the face while laughing.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Tenebris, Skyla, Zaina, Nagima, and Lisanna look at me with concern and horror. The others were still unconscious in the arms of the bloody shadow human Tenebris called on.

My consciousness began to fade away, but then I just saw Don. Standing there. 'You've done good Ajin... I'm proud of you.' Don said, reaching for my face. At that moment, I felt control over my body fade away. I felt the warmth and cold again.

I was no longer the controller, but the spectator within my body. Feeling enough of the blows that Scott inflicted, a huge amount of dark aura and energy bursted from my body.

Scott was pushed back into the air, but not far enough. I felt my body soothingly regenerate from the wounds. "I'll take it from here Ajin." Don assured me as we stood up.