Chapter 16

I walked to the doors on the opposite side of the Arena that looked like it was an exit. However, I could tell that it was about to become an entrance for the adults past the door. To my eyes though, it was still my exit ticket out of the arena.

I was so focused on the dilemma that was in front of me, I barely payed attention to the amount of stares I had received from my friends and spectators behind me. I didn't dare look to see if Lisanna was watching all of that.

I kept my eyes locked on the door and stopped in my tracks as soon as I heard the speakers come back on once more. "Greetings. I see that you've been able to take of them solo.. Ajin." The warden said passive aggressively.

"Fine. I'll give you a head start. If anything, I'll congratulate you myself if you make it to me alive. Now tick tock. The clock is ticking." The warden disconnected.

"Tch." I scowled at the speakers. I turned back to the exit doors and started thinking of what I would have to do in order to get to the warden, and past the guards. 'So you're really doing this...' Don said behind me.

"I don't have a choice. I have to do this. I have to save us, and get the warden to set us free." I clenched my fists. 'I guess that means you don't want me fronting this time..?' Don's head tilted. "No. I'll live." I was ready to bust the door down.

"Wait!" I head Athena run over to my right side. "I-I want fight with you!" Athena said boldly. "Same here!" Majin ran over to my left flank in a flash. "You guys, I don't your help. I need you all to run through the other side. Find a way out of here if you can." I persisted.

"I'll take care of the others for you." Tenebris walked away from the wall and towards the others. "Are you sure they're gonna be okay-" I was planning to ask, then all of a sudden, three different black beast broke through the walls.

It was a black panther, a huge pitch black bear, and a shadow human giant that picked up the unconscious bodies of the kids I had beaten. "I'm sure. Don't worry. You go and take care of that Mar killer." Tenebris glared back at me.

I nodded at him and looked at Athena and Majin. "Are you two sure you're ready for this..? I asked them. "Yeah, I don't need to be afraid of them anymore!" Majin's body started to glow with faint green electricity.

"W-wait, Majin you're green!" I pointed out. "Don't worry about this, the scientists in the lab saw and called this an 'evolution'. I think I'm going to be fine." Majin assured me. "Same here, I don't wanna be afraid anymore.. I want to get out of here!" Athena clenched her fists.

We looked at the doors and I reactivated my aura once more. Athena started jumping randomly. Majin picked up his speed and energy just by moving. I could tell just from the feeling I had alone, this could either go good or bad for us.

I busted down the door, and we immediately started blitzing every single adult that carried weapon. Any adults that dared to stand in my path, I ripped them apart with my bare hands, or I just ran through them.

Majin was a one way deal, but he'd use his speed to blitz through all of his opponents in front of him as we kept going. Athena was a whole different case. She somehow used the energy from her feet to launch herself alongside us.

And as for the adults she ended up filleting, she punched through all of them with just a fist. The more and more we kept moving, the stronger we  kept getting. I was able to tell just from our auras. Especially Athena's bright white aura.

We didn't know how many adults we had to kill, but there were reinforcements coming our way with every single squad we ended up flattening. "Dang it! They just can't die in peace!!" I started to sound like Don.

"You go on ahead Athena! Ajin! I'll take it from here and distract these guys! Go!!" Majin started dashed through all of the adults, reducing them into nothing but a pile of clothes, blood, and guts.

Me and Athena went on ahead, and hoped that he would be able to fend for us and himself. Any leftover humans that came our way, we one punched them all. There were stairs we had to go up to, but we jumped above them no problem.

There looked to be a golden door straight down the last hallway. But three adults were standing in our way. They each had on black hoods with pin on them. They also held medium sized wooden sticks.

The other two looked familiar, but one of them I easily recognized

The other two looked familiar, but one of them I easily recognized. I walked forward alongside Athena to get a closer look. I saw Omo was one of the adults that stood in our way at the middle. "Oh so you made it?" Omo exaggerated.

I didn't reply. I just looked at him with eyes of disgust and anger. "Just know, I'm nothing like those puny wimp-" Athena punched a massive wave of force at him, knocking Omo headfirst into the door and killing him.

Athena began to breath rapidly, and went after the other adultsshe saw before her. Somehow as if by magi, they moved their wooden sticks and   move her into a wall.

I expected her to go insane, but it looked like she was really in control as her white aura began to flow around her. And instead of crashing onto the wall, she landed on it by foot, and launched herself at them again.

The adult she moved towards put up an invisible force field, and pushed her away. Regardless, she held her own against the zaps both of the adult's sticks had sicken on her. "GO!! I'll catch up later!" Athena said as she maintained control.

My guess, she must have evolved too. I jumped over the fight and landed on all ten toes. They tried to zap me, but Athena punched them in the face, killing one of them.

I walked closer to the gold and white door and stopped right in front of it. "Let's do this Don." I spoke. 'Copy!' Don replied.