nine↠ daggers & arrows

// warning: a heavy topic will be discussed in this chapter. you don't have to read it if you don't want to. //

Darkness.

The dark was a beautiful, but dangerous thing. It could amaze you with its mystery and can intrigue you to the point where you follow into it's great black abyss. But at the same time it could suck you under and not let you go, leading you into the unknown- a deep, terrifying place that can control you for an eternity. That's what it felt like for Jaelynn; her mind felt like as if it had succumbed to all the deep dark thoughts that were buried far into her mind, but somehow they were exhumed, to flourish through out her brain and make everything a sad, yet scary place.

Her fragile little heart had been torn apart again and again, but now it's in pieces with nothing but a gaping black hole that shouldn't be there. Jaelynn felt numb; she couldn't feel anything. Her mother wasn't living anymore, all of her friends (including her) were on a dead pool, she had the fate of two gods on her shoulders, and she had lost the most important person who'd she never thought would turn their back on her.

Liam.

Her chest started to constrict tighter against her just at the thought of what he said to her. Jaelynn wanted to help her friends out so bad; she would always end up getting hurt and Scott, Kira, or Stiles would always have to come to her rescue. She knew she could help, but it ended up with her getting stabbed by the damn berserker and realizing that she is a burden and that she isn't good enough.

Turning over in her bed on the side that wasn't injured from the berserker, the siren stared up at the silver celestial object that was a crescent in the night sky, surrounded by twinkling stars. Why did she have to start liking Liam? Why did she always believe in people and then have everything come crashing down around her? She didn't know why she was so gullible, so.. naïve. She wished to be more strong headed and not to be so weak- maybe that's why people lied to her all the time.

She was a weak girl, and strong people didn't like weak people.

Jaelynn wanted to become strong, someone that anybody could rely on and she knew there was only one way she could be that. With a newly found set of determination, the young girl shoved the thick warm covers off of her body and quickly pulled on a black jacket. Slipping her black sock covered feet into some grey Nike jogging shoes, she swiftly made her way down the stairs and towards her dad's study, which was hidden by a sliding mahogany door in the living room.

As she drew closer to her dad's study, the plum haired girl heard voices, talking in a very civil, yet angry manner. She didn't want to disturb them and knowing how her dad gets when he's upset makes her want to become weak again. Jaelynn went to turn around, but a voice stopped her.

'You are not weak, Io. You can do it, you are strong.'

She knew instantly who it was by the heavy Greek accent and melodious way she spoke. The little pep talk that Artemis sent her made the young girl feel a lot better about herself, so she raised her hand and knocked on that door, a sense of determination flooding her veins. Jaelynn heard a muffled come in and she slid the door open seeing three very familiar people.

A strong wave of shock and surprise came over her as she stared at the one person she hasn't seen since her family lived in Montana. Standing there dressed in all black was someone she needed dearly in her life, but since he left everything had gone down hill.

"Missed me little sis?" A small soft smile broke out on her older brother, Andy's face.

Jaelynn smiled, a huge heart stopping, happy smile at her big brother and ran straight over to him, engulfing him in a huge hug that she so desperately needed. She loved her older brother and just seeing him, now after he left his family to go live in New York and study to be a genetic scientist, she needed him even when she felt like he didn't like her.