eleven↠ fire meets gasoline

// important author's note at the end! please read!//

Loneliness- a feeling where one is by themselves and realizing that they have no friends or companion. It makes you sad and sometimes very depressed.

It was one of those feelings that made anyone feel like they had nobody in the world. Being lonely was a sad, heartbreaking thing to go through, but it depends on how you got into that situation. If you choose to be lonely than you choose to, though if you just start to lose your friends than it's a whole other story.

Jaelynn realized that she was lonely-- she had isolated herself away from all the people she cared about. As she walked towards the school parking lot, she watched as everyone had someone to talk to while she waited for her dad to come pick her up. She really missed all her friends, but she didn't know how to face them without feeling bad. It was like she was more embarrassed, than she was upset-- she had always gotten hurt so much that she really didn't want to talk to them and realize she's a burden.

Jaelynn was scrolling through her phone and looking at old pictures, oblivious to anything around her. An overwhelming sense of sadness filled the plum haired girl as she looked at a picture of her and her mother-- they were on a beach in front of the Pacific Ocean with their arms wrapped around each other as the sun started to set in the background. She remembered that day like it was just yesterday-- her parents had decided to take her to Malibu Beach on their way to Beacon Hills from Santa Fe. She was so excited since she never been to the beach before and that was the day her parents actually did family bonding time with her.

She stared at her curly haired mother, tears starting to blur her eyesight. Jaelynn missed her mom terribly-- she wished she was still here and wasn't up on Mt. Olympus, she wished that her mom could teach her how to be a proper siren instead of her finding out on her own.

She just wished her my mom was right next to her, instead of being in the dreams that she has.

A tear quickly fell down her cheek as the realization of how lonely she really was had hit her. She didn't have her mom or her friends anymore, she had nobody. The sound of heavy footsteps hitting the pavement made Jaelynn snap her head up fast. Her dark brown eyes locked on the person who was approaching her, a small smile on his face as he waved towards the young siren.

"Jaelynn!" Mason had called as she had begun to stand up while she wiped away the tears that had fell down her cheeks.

She smiled a timid smile at him as he stopped in front of her. "Hey Mason."

"Are you okay? Liam told me you were in the hospital last night." Mason asked, worriedly.

"I'm okay-- I just, uh.. cut my side really bad on a piece of wood in my garage." She told him, coming up with the quickest lie off the top of her head.

Mason nodded his head at her. "Well, I hope you feel better," Jaelynn smiled at him softly, happy to see the caring boy in front of her. "Oh, I meant to ask if you're going to the bonfire tonight?"

The smile left her face as she bit down on her bottom lip. She didn't know if she wanted to go, especially since it was the lacrosse team's bonfire. That meant she'd have to deal with Scott.. and Liam. Jaelynn began to play with the fake diamond stud earring in her ear, nervously. "Um.. I don't know if I'm going."

"Oh come on, you have to go," Mason told her. A small smirk fell on his lips. "Liam will be there." He wiggled his eyebrows in a suggestive way.

She cleared her throat awkwardly as she glanced down at the ground. "Um.. Liam and I don't talk anymore."