two↠ the benefactor

Jaelynn didn't want to go. She didn't want to at all. Mason had kindly invited her to the party Liam didn't want her to go to, despite Liam yelling in protest. She honestly felt stupid for even going. Liam didn't want her to go and he already hated her so why should she make him hate her even more?

Tugging at her white knitted sweater uncomfortably, she focused her attention on her phone in her lap. She was scrolling through her pictures in her phone, looking at the pictures from when she lived in New Mexico. Jaelynn wished she could go back home to beautiful Santa Fe. She already hated Beacon Hills and she's pretty sure everyone hates her too.

"So, Jaelynn... How long have you been in Beacon Hills?" Garrett asked, looking at her through the rear view mirror sending her a white smile.

Garrett was one of Liam and Mason's friends and he was also on the lacrosse team with Liam. Jaelynn thought he was pretty cute; soft looking blonde hair, piercing greenish blue eyes, chiseled jaw line, and a to die for smile. Her brown eyes flicked up to Garrett's in the mirror and she smiled shyly at him.

"Umm.." She looked down while she swiped a strand of her plum colored hair behind her ear nervously. "About 2 weeks. I moved here not to long ago."

"How come you moved here?" Garrett questioned, intrigued by the shy girl sitting in his backseat.

Mason asked if Garrett could give a ride to Jaelynn. Garrett didn't know who she was; all he knew was that she was the new girl and had a couple of classes with Liam and Mason. He didn't know that she would be so pretty and shy.

Jaelynn bit her lip softly before answering Garrett. "My dad does some things with Military personnel and artillery. We end up moving from place to place a lot." She furrowed her eyebrows, "We haven't moved that much since I started middle school, actually. This move was...sudden."

Jaelynn honestly didn't know why her parents made them move to Beacon Hills so suddenly. Her dad told her that they were moving without an explanation. Jaelynn thought that it was something to do with his job but she barely saw any military weapons or anything else to confirm her suspicions.

The conversation came to a stop as Jaelynn, Garrett, and Mason pulled up in front of a small, yet beautiful lake house. A bunch of other cars pulled along with Garrett's and a lot of people her age and from her school showed up. Jaelynn hopped out of the black escalade, the sound of her combat boots hitting the ground. Adjusting her high waisted denim shorts, she heard the front door of the lake house open and out stepped a girl, that was about an inch shorter than Jaelynn with strawberry blonde hair sighed at the sight of everyone.