six↠ passion

Depressed was something that couldn't describe how Jaelynn felt about the whole situation that's been going on since she moved to Beacon Hills. At the moment, she hated how her dad took this job and how her mom convinced her that Beacon Hills would be a great place to live. She was miserable here and she wanted to start freshman year all over again, but at the same time she didn't want to. Jaelynn wouldn't have met Liam, the boy who didn't like her one bit, but now suddenly started to like her a lot more.

She wouldn't have had those special moments that she had with him; she wouldn't have felt happy the way she did when she was around him. All her life, any guy or anybody for that matter treated her like she was nothing, but when she met Liam and they connected on a different level than most teens their age, she felt like she was something and was worth it.

Jaelynn had been lying in bed most of the morning, not wanting to do anything. She felt tired and drained from everything that she just didn't have the energy to move. After awhile, she couldn't seem to get the words that her mom told her before her dad came.

"you're not an ordinary siren, you're a moon siren..."

Jaelynn wanted answers; last night when she came home she looked through the Bestiary but found nothing, all she saw was more stuff about regular Sirens. She thought about how she could find more about it when suddenly, she remembered that there were other leather bound books upstairs in the attic.

She quickly pulled the light blue covers off her body and ran out towards the hall. She knew that they had to be there- her parents rarely went up there and ever since she moved here, she was the last person to be up there. Jaelynn pulled on the attic door and watched as the stairs came down. She jogged up the steps and her eyes instantly went to where the leather bound books were at the last time she was there. But as she looked, she realized they weren't.. there anymore.

Jaelynn didn't know how they could've of left the attic- no one usually went up there. 'Where could they be?' She wondered as she went back down the steps and closed the attic door. Hmom didn't have any leather bound books that she knew of but she did know that her dad did. In his study.

The plum haired girl quickly ran down the stairs to her dad's study which was by the living room. She opened the big brown wooden doors and went over to her dad's desk, looking for the leather bound books. She really wanted to find out about what she was; it has been eating at her almost all night and she needs the information to calm the ache she has for it.

She searched through desks, cabinets, and the bookshelf, but she could not find them. A frustrated sigh let her lips and she dropped her head onto the desk. A loud 'crack' was sounded and a little door that she didn't notice before opened on the inside of her fathers desk. She looked through it and to her surprise, she found something that was beneficial to her.

A black book with silver lettering was just lying there and Jaelynn reached to grab it, but suddenly realized that the title was foreign to her.

'Το βιβλίο της Αρτέμιδος' was what it read and she instantly new it was in Greek. She didn't know what to do and as she opened up the book and flipped through the pages, she knew she wasn't going to find anything. It was all in Greek, and she didn't know how to read it.

Jaelynn felt hopeless and she couldn't do anything about it. She wished she knew how to understand Greek. As she looked down at the book again, the letter seemed to vanish and suddenly turn to English. Her eyes widened and all of a sudden, she knew what the book was about.

'The Book of Artemis'

She opened the book again and everything was in English also. A sliver thread was hanging from the bottom of the book that she didn't notice before. It was marking a place and she instantly flipped to the page as she began to read the first words.