thirteen↠ free the animal

The feeling of weakness is something everybody feels no matter what-- everyone has a weakness whether it be kryptonite like Superman, or pizza that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have a weird craving for that can't be tamed. No matter what it may be, everyone had one and it's unique in their own way.

For Jaelynn, her weakness was love-- the feeling of being vulnerable, giving your all to something or someone that you feel so deeply and passionate about. If you took something away that she loved, she'd probably break down right there and let everything wash over her. So when she saw her dad and brother, you could imagine all the emotions that let loose.

Jaelynn had pulled up into her driveway just as her brother and dad stood up from their sitting positions on the white wicker chairs on the porch. They were so scared and worried when they didn't hear anything from her-- they didn't want to lose her just like they lost her mother, Jordyn. Turning off the car, the plum haired girl quickly hopped out as Andy and Jack ran down the steps towards her, ready to engulf her in a huge, loving hug.

She had only walked a couple steps before, suddenly she was squeezed into a huge hug by the muscular arms of her big brother. Jaelynn hastily wrapped her arms around him, the feeling of relief filled her body as she hugged him a little tighter. The tightness in her chest had went down to a reasonable amount to the point where it didn't feel like it was constricting against her as she breathed-- all the anxiety and adrenaline had made her chest extremely tight where she could feel a panic attack close to coming on. Holding her for a few more seconds, Andy had reluctantly let go of his little sister.

Jack quickly moved him out of the way, his eyes getting a little misty at the sight of his daughter-- he was so scared that he wouldn't see her again. Jaelynn smiled happily, her eyes also getting filled with tears. A small, choked breathless laugh fell from the young girl's lips. "Hi daddy."

Her dad chuckled as small tears fell from his golden brown eyes and he quickly wrapped his arms around his daughter in relief. Jaelynn could feel all the anxiety and panic wash away as she hugged her dad- it's scary risking your life and not knowing if you'll still be alive. Jack squeezed his daughter tightly and kissed the top of her head as he pulled away, his hands placed on her arms.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again." He scolded her softly as he gently squeezed her forearms.

Smiling a sheepish smile, Jaelynn looked up at her father. "I'll try not too."

The three Tallons chuckled as Jack let go of his daughters arms. It was nice to see that their family was together-- even though they were missing Jordyn, it was great to see that they were still together and weren't separated. They all rushed into the house, the cold weather bringing chills to their bodies. Jaelynn quickly ran up to her room, shrugging off Brett's tan jacket and pulling off the soaked white crop top she had on. She was happy to be out of that soaking, almost see-through, top.

The young siren dug through her drawers, and found a tight black v-neck along with a pair of black jeans, the usual huntress attire. She hurriedly slid out of her damp blue jeans, the cold air hitting her bare tan legs as she pulled on the dry pair of pants. Just before putting on her shirt, she felt a peculiar burning on her side that was injured by the berserker, causing a hiss to leave her lips.

Why was her side burning? It usually never hurt her at all and for some reason now it was. All the pain was gone and it was practically fully healed by now, so why the hell was it acting up again? Jaelynn quickly ran over to her mirror, turning to look at her left side. She slowly peeled of the clean dressing, wincing at the tape coming off. As the dressing was removed, a small gasp of shock and horror had left Jaelynn's mouth. What the hell was that?