sixteen↠ smoke and mirrors

If there's one thing in this world that Jaelynn dreaded seeing the most, it would have to be watching her loved ones die at the hands of someone else in front of her, or just innocent people. It's the most heart wrenching thing to watch or go through- watching someone suffer from all the pain that one person caused is just.. horrific. To her, its sad that the world she lives in is so messed up that people honestly think it's okay to kill innocent people.

As Jaelynn leaned against Scott's dining room table, she hoped she didn't have to go through it again tonight. Scuffing the heel of her dark brown combat boot on the floor, the plum haired girl crossed her tan leather jacket covered arms over her chest as she sighed deeply. Jaelynn was at home training with her dad when she got a call from Stiles saying that Scott and Kira were taken by Kate Argent, a psychotic were jaguar that burned all of Derek's family, and that they needed all the help they could get from her dad and brother.

    Glancing over at the quiet beta werewolf, Jaelynn couldn't help, but feel overwhelmed and tired with everything. She felt like she was in this never ending black tunnel that didn't have a way out- it seemed like more issues and problems kept piling up on the group of teenagers. The siren watched as Liam seemed to fidget with hands as he rested against the table also, a nervous habit she noticed he's picked up on lately.

'Why would he be nervous?' she wondered.

Jaelynn was worried about him- ever since that night at the hospital on the rooftop, she noticed that he had been acting funny. Even though he had hurt her, she still cared about him. Taking a deep breath, the curly haired girl moved over to Liam, grabbing one of his fidgeting hands into her own. The brown haired boy looked up into her eyes, confusion filling his facial features.

  "Are you okay?" Jaelynn questioned softly, as she gently wrapped her fingers around his, squeezing softly.

   Liam stared into her eyes, wondering why she would care. He was terrible to her, and she probably hated him for kissing her again. "Why does it matter to you? Don't you hate me?"

    The plum haired girl's eyes widened as her heart started hurt a little in her chest- he thought she hated him? Moving to stand in front of him, Jaelynn grabbed both of his hands into hers, her eyes staring softly into his blue ones. She could never hate him, not in a million years.

    "Liam, I don't hate you," She squeezed his hands gently. She glanced down at them before looking back up into his eyes. "I could never hate you. I'm asking because I care about you."

   He sighed tiredly as he pulled her closer so she was standing in between his legs. Realizing he needed to tell her everything that has been going on with him lately, Liam softly brought his hands to her hips. "I haven't been able to get any sleep lately."

"Why haven't you been able to get sleep?" Jaelynn questioned, worriedly as she placed her hands on his shoulders.

Another sigh fell from Liam's lips as he softly squeezed Jaelynn's hips. "I've been seeing things.. flashes actually," She raised her eyebrows for him to continue. Flashes of blood and bones passed before his eyes as a shiver left his body. "I can't get the image of you getting stabbed out of my head. I feel so guilty for letting it happen."

The plum haired girl bit her lip as she looked down at her boots, thinking about that night- Liam shouldn't feel guilty, it was her fault for not thinking and trying to use her abilities without knowing how they work. Looking back up into his eyes, Jaelynn placed her hands on his cheeks gently as her thumb stroked his right cheek softly. "Liam.. you should not feel guilty, it was my fault that night- I wasn't thinking."