five↠ orphaned

The sound of clanging metal and growling seemed to wake Jaelynn up from a deep sleep. Her brown eyes fluttered open, as a splitting headache seemed to hit her full force. 'What happened?' she wondered as she sat up and began to massage her temples. Panic started to consume Jaelynn as she realized she wasn't back home, sleeping in her bed; she was lying on an examination table at some sort of pet doctor. Jaelynn jumped at the sound of clanging metal and yelling coming from the other room. Her brain felt fuzzy and jumbled with all the thoughts and sounds running through her head; she could barely think.

She quickly hopped off the examination table, and crept towards the room where she heard all the commotion. Jaelynn didn't know where she was, and she was honestly scared. She doesn't understand what's going on with her and this crazy town. She just wants to go home. As she grew closer the voices became clearer and she could make out sentences.

"Hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?" The familiar voice of Stiles' sarcastic voice filled her ears.

Jaelynn moved around the corner as the view of three guys, one of them being Stiles, holding someone down on the table. 'What the hell is going on?' Jaelynn thought as she watched everything unfold in front of her. What was going on? Jaelynn didn't understand anything that was going on, and it just made her brain hurt to even try and comprehend anything. And who was that on the table?

Jaelynn took a closer look; all she saw was a muscular torso that was kicking and squirming around like a baby. Suddenly, she saw him- it was Brett. Jaelynn felt her heart drop a little lower in her stomach as she looked at him, his eyes glowing gold. He's a werewolf? Her eyes filled with salty tears as she watched him struggle against Stiles and the unfamiliar man- what was going on? Why does it look they're trying to kill him?

"Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength." The man named Derek replied, gruffly.

A man who stood there watching as they held Brett down spoke up. "If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him."

Jaelynn's eyes flickered down to the man's hand- she didn't notice that he had a surgical knife in his hand before he said anything. Her heart started to pound harder at the thought of Brett being cut. Why does he have to be cut? Jaelynn never thought she'd have to witness someone be cut open, or anything for that matter. She's scared and confused- she doesn't know what to feel about all of this. A salty tear slid down her cheek. They're going to kill him..

"Derek, he's slipping. I don't think I can hold him!" Stiles panicked as his grip started to loosen on Brett.

Brett sprung up as he kicked Derek and Stiles off of him and began to run towards the door, with the intentions to escape. Looking over his shoulder, he didn't realize another man was standing there in front of the door. The man's fist collided with Brett's jaw instantly knocking him out and sending him to the floor. A gasp flew from Jaelynn's mouth which caused them all to turn around and acknowledge that's she's been watching the whole time. A few more tears fell down her cheeks as panic filled her heart and she quickly wiped her cheeks, not wanting to see that she started to cry.

"I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself." The man's eyes flashed to a bright electric blue color before returning to its natural color.

"Yeah, maybe more than a little." Derek looked down at wrist that had a scratch on it that wasn't healing like it was supposed to.

Jaelynn walked further into the area, walking towards Stiles who was staring at Brett. Jaelynn couldn't tell if he was breathing or not, and it scared her. The man hit him with incredible amount of force.