Chapter 601-605

601

Cale continued to look forward without turning around as he started to speak.

"I don't recall ever telling you my birthday."

Kim Rok Soo had not shared his birthday with anyone during this time.

He had recorded his birthday later, when he joined the company and had to give some personal information. Lee Soo Hyuk remembered that information and took care of Kim Rok Soo and Choi Jung Soo's birthdays.

That was how it went until the two of them died.

"Han told me about it."

Cale nonchalantly responded to Lee Soo Hyuk's answer.

"Did you know that it is Choi Han and Choi Jung Soo's birthdays as well?"
"...Really?"

Cale slowly turned his body and looked at Lee Soo Hyuk since it was rare for him to sound flustered.

Lee Soo Hyuk, whose mood had been quite sharp since yesterday, seemed oddly anxious.

Cale started to smile in response.

"What is it? Did you prepare a birthday party for me or something?"
"Huh?"

Lee Soo Hyuk had an awkward expression on his face.

"It's not a party since we are in a pretty serious situation."

He then scratched his cheek.

"Just some late-night snack time?"
"It seems like you included Choi Han and Choi Jung Soo to prepare for that late-night snack time?"

Lee Soo Hyuk looked flustered again.

"No, I-"
"Shall we go?"
"Huh?"
"For the thing you prepared. Let's celebrate all of us."

Lee Soo Hyuk jovially scoffed after hearing Kim Rok Soo say everything he wanted to say.

"Yes. Let's go."

He then looked elsewhere.

Heo Sook Ja and Jo Min Yeh were walking toward Cale and Lee Soo Hyuk.

"Have a safe trip."

Heo Sook Ja smiled as she addressed Cale.

"I'm sorry."

Jo Min Yeh waved her hand to say no after seeing Cale lower his head and apologize.

"Not at all. Everybody knows how hard you've worked today, Commander-nim. We heard you didn't even get a chance to eat properly."

Heo Sook Ja who was standing next to her started to frown.

She had not heard the details of the battle because she was here defending the Seomyeon shelter.

All she had heard was that the yellow head had escaped in the end.

She had also heard that it had run away with the blue head in its mouth.

That meant that the plan had failed.

However, she could not be angry about the situation.

She had seen how Commander Kim Rok Soo was covered in blood compared to everybody else who only had light injuries or no injuries at all.

Everybody had said the same thing.

They would have all been seriously injured or dead if he was not there.

"Commander-"

Heo Sook Ja opened her mouth before stopping herself mid sentence.

'Commander, you should rest a bit.'