⟨Now What?⟩

------------
Howdy y'all
New part for you :D
Let's get to it
Also, new writing style

------------

[3rd Person, 7:17 P.M.]

Now, after all the teasing from Evan, they were both stumped on what to do next. Nobody can come up with an activity to do after kissing someone. So they just sat there, the casual conversation going through, but not being strong enough of a base to keep the tension at bay. Gregory came up with an idea, but it was one that would cut their day short.

[Gregory, 7:17 P.M.]

"I got a plan, but ya might not like it." I said, finally making and keeping eye contact. I had his full attention, since his body shifted towards me, and he leaned in a little.
"What if we go to sleep early?"
"That's the best you got?" He frowned a little.
"Well, it's either that, or we sit around and be awkward."

"Well what if–" and he paused, like the  next sentence was going to be hard to explain. He fidgeted with his hands, the once steady staring contest being broken by nervous eyes and a pinkish face.
"Hm?" I hummed.

"...we cuddled?" He spat out, keeping his eyes and now head turned away from me as his cheeks got redder.

"You mean snuggle?" I asked, smiling at him a bit. He was nervous to ask that?  He got defensive, saying he's "never asked that question before to somebody." Of course, I wasn't turning him down. I opened my arms to him
Besides, saying no would be quite rude to say to your—
friend? Boyfriend? What are we, anyways?

"Question though, are we toge-"
"Yes."
"Alrighty."
Well. Problem solved.

[Evan, 7:18 P.M.]

He had his arms expanded, still looking at me with such a gentle demeanor. I didn't hesitate to latch into him, the left side of my face resting on his chest. I closed my eyes and stayed there; just his heartbeat was soothing enough.

I didn't even notice until my sudden change of position that we were now both laying down, holding each other.
For once I think in my life I had felt safe around someone.
I didn't realize my next choice of words.

"I love you, Gregory."

I told him, my voice gentle, like I was in a whole different plane of existence when saying it. I heard audibly his heart rate pick up. Nothing drastic, but a noticeable change. I felt a hand move to my hair. And I could just tell by the way he spoke, that he meant the words he said.

"I love you, too."