4

One thing that made me sad about our situation was remembering every little thing we had done in our life. I had gotten war flashbacks and have felt dissociation at times. However, I hope to deal with it a little longer before it becomes unbearable. There were times when I felt like I wanted to be alone, but lately, that was hard. I say that because Francis made an effort to ensure I wasn't.

As usual, he can never decide if he wants to be around me or not. It was a struggle seeing him constantly fight against his feelings. I've accepted them. However, life moved on. I know I'll never act on them, and I intend to keep it that way.

"DUDES! RIGHT ON! You guys made it! That's totally killer!" Alfred nearly jumped us, but I was too preoccupied with all the slang he used in that sentence. I suppose it is my fault he ends up this way. He takes after me in many ways. We use our slang too much at times.

Since he has mostly lived in California since the mid-1960s, his influence on fashion starts there. Californians are the starters for all the new cool fashion. He moved all around California every few years and decided to settle in Malibu before moving to the next big city. He mentioned how he wanted to live in New York by the end of the next decade. The only reason he was moving was not old to live and enjoy different parts of his place, but also, he did not know how to handle all the constant serial killers that were running around his place. Especially California.

Alfred wore his hair teased and big. He wore jeans that kept his white tucked-in shirt underneath. He wore a black belt and a blue button-up over his outfit. However, the button-up had rolled-up sleeves with an open collar that would expose the chest if he did not wear that white shirt underneath.

Alfred lived in an area filled with posh people, and I would be lying if I said he wasn't acting spoiled at times.

"Child, Why must you change your style every year?" Francis laughed. He pulled Alfred in for a hug, and they held each other for some time. "Me? Ask Arthur that! He switches between a punk freak and an elderly man! There is no in-between!"

"Hey! I am right here!"

Alfred began to laugh at me, pulling us inside his vast home. "Let's get down to business! I want to know everything!" He cheered. He guided us to the living room, with a large orange sofa.

Alfred had an interesting home. He had it decorated with memorials to commemorate stepping stones in his country's history. Pictures of him with presidents, his moon landings, and autograph signatures from famous people he had the chance to meet: Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and many others.

There were even pictures of him on movie sets. My favourite was him on the set of Star Wars. It was one of my favourite movies recently, and I watched it with him whenever we could. He had lightsabers and props that he was able to take with him. It made me wish I had kept more of my things through the years. However, constantly being ravaged by war will destroy some of your things.

Well...I would lie if I said I didn't have a few things. They were small items...but they were mostly from recent years.

His sofa was soft, and I didn't say much once we all sat down. "Well, anything?" He asked. We both shook our heads, and Francis urged me to say something first. "No, it sounded as if he was catching up with a friend. I'm unsure if you suggest anything else, but we both don't mind helping," I said. Francis nodded in agreement.

Alfred looked a bit disappointed, but it was not at us. He was hoping they would have said something juicy, but it was all for nothing. "Well, it can't be helped. I'll see what my boss plans to do, and once I know, I will tell the two of you. I'm sure he will still want you both to try and spy. However, we've only had a few good intel in the past few years. Luckily, I have a feeling things will start to calm a bit," he spoke. This Cold War really stressed him out, and he did not want to go through with it any longer.