21

Between the years of 1991 and 1995...or the present day.

Only a few things happened.

Days where Francis and I would see each other, and would be so awkward. I couldn't explain how uncomfortable it was. We would meet in a room, not realizing we'd be alone, and he would stare. He always looked like he wanted to say something to me but never did. He would open his mouth as if trying to start, fiddles his thumbs a bit, think, and not go through with it. I would only stare at him. I tried not to make an expression, but I was sure I did somehow.

"England? Are you okay?" a voice spoke. I turned around from where I stood, seeing Mr. Prussia. He looked a bit concerned at me, but I did not pay him any mind. He had apologized for choking the life out of me, so I wasn't angry with him. Plus, I would have done the same in his position. "Yes, why do you ask?" I asked.

I had escaped to the drink table but didn't think anyone would come after me. Especially Prussia. "Well, I couldn't help but watch you from across the room and...well, something has been on my mind about you," he started. I looked at him, confused but had an unnerved feeling.

"What?"

He came closer to me, pulling me to the side a bit. As he did this, I caught Francis from across the room. He had looked in our direction and had this still expression. "Well, I know this is long overdue to ask...but I have this strange feeling you and France are hiding something. Correct me if I am wrong, but...I know the two of you fight often, but a couple of years back, when we caught the two of you spying...I had this strange thought that maybe the two of you...had feelings for each other. And well...after what happened in the sixties and seventies, I was putting some pieces together...and well...do you see what I am getting at?" He asked.

I was silent as he asked that. I was sure there were times people would have put the pieces together. However, I was hoping they would be stupid.

"Sorry, I don't mean to pry. If you do, I won't say anything... I was just wondering about it...-"

"And if I did?"

I had cut him off to talk, and he looked at me surprised, as if he weren't expecting me to be upfront about it. "Wait, so you do?" He asked. I looked at him seriously, then back at Francis, who looked concerned. "I do...and I am tired of hiding it. I don't know what to do," I spoke. Prussia looked stunned, and I gave him an 'and what' type of look.

"Then tell him...I have a feeling he feels the same..."

"I can't..."

"And why not?"

He looked upset with me, causing me to step back a bit. "Because We can't have those types of relationships with each other. It is against the rules...frowned upon...I don't want it being a conflict of interest..."

"Screw the rules..."

"What?"

I looked at him, shocked, and he still looked pissed. I figured he would understand, especially with his brother and Italy being close. "You heard me...Screw the rules. The worst anyone would do is forbid you from doing that. However, we all will outlive these people eventually. So why not enjoy it instead of being miserable? Especially since you have an opportunity for it not to be unrequited. I know I pride myself in my religion, but I would give anything to be with..."

He paused.

"The person I care for...deeply...things are different. Pull your head out of your ass and say something before it's too late. Don't be an idiot and break his heart. You claim to have feelings for him, but all I see is a coward. Someone who is afraid of something going wrong. Well, Who gives a fuck! Tell him!" He demanded.

"Well..."

"NO, WELL! DO IT! It doesn't have to be today or tonight, but do it! Don't waste time! Tell him how you feel!" He added. He suddenly gave me the courage to do it, and my hands grew sweaty. "Yeah! I can do it! I can do this!" I cheered. I smiled at him, and he reached a hand to my shoulder, rubbing it softly. I turned back to Francis, still watching us, confused. However, I had a smile on my face that was bright as they came.

I was going to do it! TONIGHT!

Or maybe I should wait for tomorrow? I could get him flowers or maybe make him a mixtape. Could I bring him something sweet? Or perhaps I could ask him about...those things humans did! A DATE! We could go on a date!

"I like that smile; it seems you might know what to do! You got this, and if you need any advice, feel free to contact me. I know everyone has bad blood in some way, but things are different. There isn't a need to fight over everything anymore. You got this," he smiled. I smiled back at him, nodding. "Thank you...I mean it...I had been fighting myself on what to do about everything, but I am surprised it took a minute for me to snap out of it. I need to do this!" I smiled.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, patting his back. I was going to do it later. Maybe I could ask Francis to meet me somewhere. Or maybe I can creep up on him when he goes outside to smoke! I nodded at Prussia one more time before walking away. I wanted to fix myself up a bit in the restroom. I was sure my hair looked a bit messy, so maybe I could make it a little nicer. Francis smoked at least once an hour while at parties like this. He always said it was so he could get away from everyone. Well, he has been overdue for one. This was it! My chance to get rid of all of these emotions that dragged me down.