author's note & updates

( first published on 3/29/23, will be deleted once i resume writing )

hello lovelies! <3

i realize that i have not posted anything here since november, for which i do want to apologize- but life happens and i have been doing my best to prioritize taking care of both my mental and physical health above things like writing.

it probably appears as though i have abandoned this book, but i am happy to share that this is not the case! in my absence i have done tons of planning and developing characters for emergence's storyline, and i am extremely excited to share everything with you as soon as i am able to! a lot will be happening in a very short time, and i am looking forward to having the chance to start including the events of the show's episodes even within these next few chapters.

for those of you who read the previous chapter that contained details for a 3k reads fanart contest, i wanted to inform you that i have taken that down. only one person gave feedback on it, and there wasn't enough interest to go through with the contest. it's possible that we can bring that back in the future, perhaps for another milestone marker, but in the meantime i have taken that chapter down so that i can focus my attention on my writing instead.

as of right now, i am working on writing two or three more chapters to finish out this part of the story, then we will be starting the second part with the addition of the pilot episodes. i am very excited to finally bring some of the canon events and storylines of the show into this fic, and i am hopeful that you will enjoy the journey as lyla and the others really begin their adventures.

as you may already know, my writing schedule has been a little chaotic as of late, and for the time being my main focus has been on my other books. emergence is kind of on the back burner at least for this spring, but i will still continue writing new chapters even if i don't publish them immediately.

if you're interested in still supporting some of my other projects in the meantime, i would definitely encourage you to check out my ninjago oneshot challenge book (rudeneja), as almost everything in there is actually based on/set in the timeline of the same series that emergence takes place in. updates are more frequent there, and you can find plenty of different oneshots involving ocs and canon characters (and ships!) alike.

i also have a lloyd x reader book (connection) if you happen to enjoy reader-centric stories. out of all of my books there seems to be the most involvement and participation over on that one currently, so i have really been trying to keep up with a more consistent and frequent update schedule.

thank you all for your patience and support along the way! i would not be anywhere near as patient with any book. :,) i greatly appreciate all of you, and i wish that i had the time or words to tell each one of you how much you have influenced not just this book, but me as a writer.

this book literally would not be possible without your feedback and your love.

i look forward to getting back into the groove of writing and publishing updates for emergence, and i am so excited to share the rest of lyla and the others' story with all of you. thank you again for everything. i love you all. <33

- becca / joy -