° • author's note • °

» • summary • «

[[ emergence - (noun) - definition: the process of coming into view or becoming exposed after being concealed ]] 

every journey begins with a first step, and every legend has a beginning. four seemingly ordinary teenagers have come together, united in the shared task of becoming their homeland's protectors and guardians. as they step into their new roles and prepare to confront the darkness that threatens to overtake their peaceful island, they will face many obstacles and tests, uncover long-lost secrets and find their true potentials as they begin an adventure much greater than they could have ever dreamed of. for these four emerging heroes and the small group of close friends that they now call family, their journey is only just beginning.

[[ book one of a ninjago fanfiction trilogy that begins before the pilot episodes and ends sometime after season ten ]]

» • disclaimer • «

i do not own the show ninjago : masters of spinjitzu, nor its characters, plot, ideas, and storyline, i'm simply borrowing them for the purposes of my story. i can, however, take credit for my own original characters and ideas, and i would ask that you please do not steal or use any of it without my express permission. 

(if you happen to seen this book posted on another account (@joyfulninja), don't worry about it being copied by someone else, that account is actually mine. after i ended up being unable to log into it late last year i decided to move emergence over to this account, so here it is!)

please also note that while this does follow the seasons rather closely and is based off of the show, i've taken the liberty of changing some things like plot or characters to better fit the story, and i've also added a lot of my own content, so this will not match the episodes word-for-word and scene-for-scene. if this bothers you, then you are free to leave! i wanted to do something different with my fanfiction that i have't seen others do yet, and i think it will be an enjoyable journey! i'm very excited to share my work with all of you, and i hope that you will enjoy it!

and one last thing, be warned that the first couple of chapters may be a little rough, since i was still working on finding my writing style. i may go back and rewrite them at some point, but that would mean changing a couple of things and tweaking the plot a bit, so i've decided to leave them be for the time being, so you can still enjoy the original content and hopefully see my improvement as the chapters go on!

» • dedication • «

this book is dedicated to all of you reading this, and to the ninjago community. there are so many amazing, lovely people that i have encountered throughout my journey as a fanfic writer, and the support that i have received has been absolutely incredible. i mean it when i say that i would not be where i am today as a writer without all of you. your support means the world to me, whether it's through votes, comments, feedback, artwork, or even just giving me the chance to share my story with all of you. thank you all so much! <333