° • chapter three • °

cole and lyla are finally able to choose their own path, and are beginning to figure out where they fit in the world, and where their place is in all of this, which is super exciting! they're setting off on their journey now, and they'll soon have...

cole and lyla are finally able to choose their own path, and are beginning to figure out where they fit in the world, and where their place is in all of this, which is super exciting! they're setting off on their journey now, and they'll soon have the chance to make some new friends and to go on more crazy adventures. i have so much planned for this story, and there's a ton of things that i'm looking forward to writing and sharing with all of you! i know that there will be a lot of chapters that don't have a lot of action in them, and may just seem like filler chapters, but again, my goal is to explore the different personalities that each of the characters have over the several years of their life that the show covers. if you're looking for a simple copy-and-paste of the show's script sort of fanfic, then this story is not for you! there is a much bigger focus on the characters and on their lives, not just on the events we see in the show.

trigger warnings : none

words : 2,675

quick author's note: it's been quite a while since the last update, and i apologize for that. hopefully this chapter makes up for it, as well as the assurance that i am doing my best to finish edits and get the rest of the previously posted chapters out as soon as i can. thank you for your patience!

also: if you look carefully, you will notice that i referenced/sort of laid the groundwork for an introduction to a newer 'emergence' oc  in the previous chapter! they'll end up appearing later on in the story, though when exactly that will be is yet to be revealed. (:

chapter three : no turning back

As the sun began to set beyond the nearby mountains, it bathed the monastery in its gentle orange light. A few sunbeams made their way through the window and into the kitchen, where Cole and Lyla were hanging out together. After giving them their tour, Sensei Wu had gone to his room to meditate, and gave them permission to make themselves something to eat.