° • chapter five • °

author's note : it has been so fun to sort of play around with some of the backstories of these characters, to flesh things out and explain some stuff about them that weren't really touched on or even talked about in the show- and though it can be...

author's note : it has been so fun to sort of play around with some of the backstories of these characters, to flesh things out and explain some stuff about them that weren't really touched on or even talked about in the show- and though it can be a little time-consuming i have loved being able to do that with this fic. i think that i can honestly say that every one of the characters i write has a little piece of myself in them, which is so freeing and beautiful as a writer. i hope you all have enjoyed this story so far, your support has been incredible and i really appreciate it!

trigger warnings : none

words : 3,483

quick author's note: i know updates have been a little scarce, and i apologize for that! life has been quite a rollercoaster as of late! in the meantime, feel free to check out my october writing challenge book (rudeneja) for more 'emergence' content- as most of the stuff there will likely be drawn from this 'universe' and heavily feature characters from this fic. (updates will hopefully be more frequent there than they are here!)

chapter five : these little moments

"Long before time had a name, Ninjago was created by the First Spinjitzu Master, by using the four weapons of Spinjitzu. The Scythe of Quakes, the Nunchucks of Lightning, the Shurikens of Ice, and the Sword of Fire. Weapons so powerful, no one can handle all of their power at once.

"When he passed away, his two sons swore to protect them, but the oldest was consumed by darkness and wanted to possess them. A battle between brothers broke out, and the oldest was struck down and banished to the Underworld.

"Peace returned and the younger brother hid the weapons, but knowing his older brother's relentless ambition for power, he placed a guardian to protect them. And for fear of his own demise, a map for an honest man to hide."