° • chapter seven • °

author's note : it has been so fun to experiment with writing in the point of view of many different characters throughout the journey that this fic has been, and jay is no exception! he's one of my very favorite ninjago characters, and i really t...

author's note : it has been so fun to experiment with writing in the point of view of many different characters throughout the journey that this fic has been, and jay is no exception! he's one of my very favorite ninjago characters, and i really think that we have a lot in common, so between those two things (and the fact that he's so fun to write!) i have really enjoyed getting to feature him in 'emergence' from here on into the rest of the story as we inch our way toward the pilot episodes!

trigger warnings : extremely brief mentions of/references to bullying.

words : 6,677

another quick note: i am very excited to announce that 'emergence' is like 200 reads away from reaching 3k reads as i'm typing this, which blows my mind! i'm so grateful for how far we've come and for all of your support! i have a couple ideas for something i could do for a 3k reads special, but i'd love to hear any ideas that you may have, so if there's something you think could be fun, please drop a comment (preferably in the comments section, though inline here could work too) and let me know! can't wait to celebrate this milestone with you!

chapter seven : i can tell that we are gonna be friends

Jay Walker was an introvert, at least that's what he called himself. He was also an inventor, though most of his inventions didn't seem to work most of the time. He was better at model building and tinkering, and was actually quite good at fixing a large variety of things. Living in a junkyard, he had always found plenty of things to work with, whether he used them for one of his inventions, or just tried taking them apart to see how they worked. He was also a fairly good cook, at least for someone who liked eating fast food most of the time. His mom was insistent that he learned to cook at least some things himself, and that being able to make a healthy home-cooked meal was an important life skill to have, and under her watchful eye he had become a surprisingly decent cook. And he also dabbled in poetry, though he wasn't great at it.