𝐓𝐖𝐎

Barefoot, he trotted out of the room. It had to be almost four in the morning because the club was empty and dark. The carpet tickled under the soles of his feet as he walked down the stairs to the basement.

The man disappeared a long time ago and left a chunk of money behind. A thousand to be exact.

Hyunjin sighed softly and tightened his grip on his shoes, which became heavy after a bit. The changing room had the same amount of people as the rest of the club, but the lights were still on. "The cleaning ladies are already here, aren't they?" Hyunjin asked himself as he walked through the rows of metal lockers.

His body memorized the way to his locker so he didn't need to search for it much. It was no wonder, after five years in the industry and this club, it felt normal.

On the wooden bench in front of his locker was a big bucket full of bills. Probably still has money from his last stage. Hyunjin smiled and put his things on the bench. He changed his clothes, pulling black sweatpants and a hoodie over his underwear. He stuffed the bills into his recently purchased Michael Kors handbag. Thank God he took the big one with him. He wouldn't have to leave the money in his locker again because it didn't fit.

Hyunjin shook his head and shouldered the bag. His sneakers were much more comfortable and prevented blisters from forming. His heels made this quite frequent.

He checked the room once and turned off the lights behind him as he left the room.

.

On the staircase, walls hung newspaper articles. And they were big scandals involving politicians and important people. Those who were caught leaving their club. The boss was proud of them. After all, these rumors and people were the reason the "Gentlemen Penthouse" could exist; although it was illegal.

Hyunjin wandered through the gray-tiled hallways inside the building, yawning and stretching. "The Dude was a real piece of work." If his body wasn't already marked by sore muscles, he would feel the back pain more. As a result, his body became more like an aching suit he had to carry around with him.

Hyunjin could feel his face pores filling up with makeup. He grumbled under his breath that it would take years for his skin to look flawless.

He yanked the back entrance doors open. The cold night air hit him.

Hyunjin wrinkled his nose as he ran along the main street sidewalk away from work. The smog in the air was unbearable even in the evening. He couldn't wait to enter the building's wings.

.

This, too, belonged to the club. Every apartment in the five-story building belonged to club dancers. He decided after his stomach announced itself to detour to the shared kitchen. Maybe there are some leftovers from the food in the private rooms.

The kitchen light was still on. And two people sat at the long table.

"Good mornin' my friends of the sun," he joked as he entered the room.

"What are you still doing here?" Kira turned in her chair and watched him open the huge refrigerator. Her hair was in a fluffy bun on top of her head, as usual.

"Had another customer." Hyunjin found a jar of pickles and rubbed his hands together while eyeing it.

"What did you do with him?" Seungmin wanted to know.

"Talked." Hyunjin turned around, the jar shoved under his arm. "Was talking all over me the good guy."

"You sure? You look really exhausted for that, though."

"Was warm in the room."

The two exchanged knowing looks but left it at that. Sleeping with customers was against the rule. Anyone caught could expect immediate dismissal.

With his mouth full, Hyunjin sat down with the two. "Whatcha doin'?"

"Week planning." Kira replied. Kira was the house mom in the boys' building. A strict angel who ensured her boys followed the dress code and did well. She also worked as a professional dispute mediator whenever anyone stole someone's banana. Yes, those are the problems she had to deal with.

"Anythin' big comin' up?" The two shook their heads.

Seungmin was the House Mom for the girls' building, though he had to deal with pedophile customers getting kicked out of the boys' building.

"I'll go then." Hyunjin gestured toward the door.

"Get some sleep." Seungmin muttered, lifting his gaze from the papers to smile at the dancer. "And take your magnesium." Kira sternly instructed. Hyunjin saluted. He stuffed three more sour pickles into his mouth before putting the jar back in the fridge and heading out.

.

Even in the stairwell, the light was off. A few tiny motion-sensitive lamps flickered here and there. Otherwise, someone would have seen how Hyunjin struggled up the stairs. He pulled his bag behind him now.

His apartment was on the second floor. The door was open.

He tiptoed through the living room to his bedroom. "Come on..." he whispered to himself, jerking the door knob. His gaze never left the open door of the room across from him. Under a mountain of blankets and pillows, he suspected Jeongin.

Eventually, his door gave way and opened. Hyunjin set down his bag and went to his makeup table. After a long procedure, he removed his makeup, put on his sleeping mask, and went to bed.

He had taken a liking to silk bedding. It stroked his bare skin with tenderness and never got too warm, perfect for his burning body heat.

Exhausted, he moved his eye mask over his face.