𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

And like every day, the morning started with two big cups of latte macchiato and an hour of "Strippers and Dancers 101".

Angel in person, Jeongin, sat with him on the couch. Both emptied their bags and stacked them on two tables. While Hyunjin sorted the bills in seconds and tied them together with rubber bands, Jeongin started over from the beginning because he miscounted.

"Why are there so many different bills, anyway?" He whined, tossing the fifty back into his pile. Hyunjin shook his head and laughed. A fluffy blanket was wrapped around his legs, as he didn't feel the need to look elegant at lunchtime. Actually, I do that without trying hard.

"Wan' me to help you?" He asked as he put away his 2200 from last night.

Jeongin nodded. Pouting, he watched Hyunjin explain how to count it. "860, it's not bad." He handed his money back to him. "Are you blind? This sucks big time. I even made more on Monday."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes and leaned back with his cup in his hand. "I had a pimp in private yesterday though, so that's my money..."

"No seriously?" Jeongin stood up and put his money away as well, but continued talking loudly through the apartment. "I thought you weren't supposed to bother with them?"

Hyunjin smiled and nodded. Jeongin learned and understood what he was told quick. "But!" He raised a finger. "That one was really hot..."

The boy cleaned up their apartment a bit. He laughed as if it was a joke. "It sounds like you weren't just dancing."

And in Hyunjin's silence, he spun around. "No. You didn't."

With a fat grin, Hyunjin nodded. "He did me good all damn night. I'm tellin' you the stamina is enviable."

Jeongin squealed and bounced around. "But I thought you weren't supposed to..." He picked his duster back up from the floor.

"Well you're right, we're not ... but as long as you don't get caught." There was something mischievous in his voice and he continued to drink his coffee as if he hadn't just spilled the hot rumor.

.

"Remember Betty?" Hyunjin lay in the bathtub. Some petals floated around him. "Yeah, the tall blue-haired one?" Jeongin didn't look away from the mirror as he plucked his eyebrows.

"She's not only sleepin' with Katherina," The tool dropped into the sink. "But with two of her regulars, too."

"You're kidding me?" Hyunjin shook his head. He took his purple shampoo and massaged it into his hair. "But she's pretty talented, so kudos to her." Jeongin hummed.

It was like a race, a game of hide and seek among the penthouse employees. The ones who wanted to choose someone they liked (and thanks to the wide range of choices, that wasn't too difficult) played with them until, in the happiest case, the House mom caught them and condemned them to a week of dishwashing. Unfortunately, Boss finds out most of the time. And then he ensures that the person will not find a job in a radius of 20 other clubs. In other words, the worst-case scenario. It was adrenaline and fuel that kept the game alive.

.

"What classes do you have today?" Hyunjin was spread out on the couch in his bathrobe, watching his roommate put on his shoes. "I don't know, but it's a lecture by Ms. Lee. I can't miss it."

"Because you can't or because she's hot?" Jeongin rolled his eyes and laughed. "Who knows?" And then he closed the door behind him. Hyunjin laughed softly. "That boy..."

.

It was 12:30 p.m. Boys' group meeting in the kitchen.

On the whiteboard at the end of the table were the usual times, rules, and deadlines. Kira stood next to it, arms crossed. "You know how it works? We start with evening traffic at 8:00, until 2:30 in the morning."

The ten men sitting there now were on the night rotation. The shift that was working right now was mostly older, masked, and here for other reasons. Don't come into the club at this time. It's a scary place to be. They weren't sleeping in the building either.

"The second floor is vacant again, so we have seven stages. So far, only two private rooms are reserved for Blade and Caramel." The two men in question nodded.

Kira checked her notes before looking through the rows again. "Who wants to do the first stage?" And that's how the whole meeting lasted. They had to do something like this once a month to provide variety.

Hyunjin examined his French-styled fingernails disinterested in the whole thing and jumped in whenever no one wanted to. Whenever there was any free space on the second-floor stages. He loved them.

"Shh, Havana." Someone poked him from behind. Hyunjin turned around. "Huh?"

"You got anything?" Blade was somewhat older than him, but not as long in the profession as he was. Hyunjin didn't like him.

The man wasn't here because, like other dancers, he was trying to make a living or because he enjoyed performing. No, he had left his family for drugs and now needed more. That's why he's a stripper. But the asshole just had more muscles than Hyunjin's body could produce, so he was welcomed by Boss.

Hyunjin wrinkled his nose and shook his head. "Nope sorry man." He had smoked his last bag with Jeongin, so it wasn't a complete lie.

.

After splitting up, Kira whipped her infamous giant box out. And one by one, she pulled out underwear, jewelry, fake lashes, and new makeup. This is easier for dancers. It had the advantage that you paid less for the stuff than if you bought it yourself in the store.

As soon as they saw the stuff, the guys jumped. They took it for granted that anyone Kira got a hold of would receive a slap on the back of the head. This was as long as they got the stuff they wanted.

Looking through the room was a reminder of everything the club stood for. Especially the unspoken dynamic every worker here falls under. Hyunjin had so much experience at the club that even the boss respected him. But nobody cared about the boss. The laws made for each stripper were walls that the boss could never see through. No one snitched on anyone. No one made deals with the boss that could give you benefits to other dancers. You work here for whatever reason you may have. That's it.

Hyunjin yawned and slowly stood up to join the crowd. His sweatpants hung low, his t-shirt was too small and the flip-flops on his feet were Jeongin's. Therefore, they didn't fit either.

He stood next to Kira. The small woman barely reached his chest but was tougher than anyone Hyunjin knew. "Did you find my things?" he asked, bending down.

She nodded and rummaged around in a box somewhere. "Does this match what you were looking for?" She held up a two-piece.

The top with white fishnet material was completely see-through, and with it a skirt with a white and black design, that would cover half of his butt. "Perfect!" Hyunjin pulled the woman into a half hug and took the clothes from her. "I already gave you the money last time, didn't I?" She nodded.

For Jeongin, Hyunjin bought another pallet of eye shadow and disappeared from the kitchen. Outside, in the common corner, the first girls waited for their meeting. He climbed up the stairs to his room.

.

They got ready around seven.

Hyunjin hummed a song by Lady Gaga while he looked in the mirror to see if there was any sign of yesterday. But nothing.

"Hyunjin!" Jeongin suddenly screeched from the living room. He rushed out of the bathroom, holding only a tiny towel in front of his private parts. "What happen' , you hurt?"

Jeongin slowly turned to face him. With pointed fingers, he held a purple dildo in his hand. "Why, just why?" Pure disgust was written on his face.

Hyunjin rubbed his lips together and smiled wryly. "Forgot to put it away."

"Why on the couch?"

Hyunjin ducked as the rubber flew through the air. "You don't throw that, it was expensive!" Hyunjin couldn't help but laugh as the boy ranted about hygiene. His ears were bright red, darker than his pink hair.