𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

Hyunjin crossed his arms in front of his chest and refused to acknowledge Changbin next to him. "That's not happenin'."

They were in the heart of the bustling city, to get a fitted suit for the dancer. "I mean c'mon what does my hair have to do with any of this?" Hyunjin wouldn't stop complaining ever since Changbin dragged him to the opulent mall. It was adorned with gleaming glass windows and high-end boutiques.

Everything was polished so that not a molecule of dirt was in sight. Big brands were emblazoned on the store signs, and Hyunjin knew he couldn't afford any of the ugly slippers he saw on display.

"Han made it very clear that we will have to cover it for the event, I'm sorry," Changbin said half-heartily, looking over his shoulder to make sure Hyunjin didn't run away.

"You can tell him that he can stick his appropriate look up his ass," Hyunjin muttered. He has never been to this part of town and he felt more than out of place. The stupid commands were a black sheep to take his frustration out on.

Changbin sighed, "I'd rather be dead than caught in that mess between you two." He headed for a particularly classy store. "No offense but I like to protect my peace."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes. So do I, but who cares about what I think anyway? If someone would've cared, he surely wouldn't be here. Dressed in baggy clothes, his worn-out sneakers were an unwelcome anomaly against the mosaic tiles beneath his feet. Every step felt like an echo in a foreign land, reminding him of the gaping chasm between his circumstances and those of the people around him. Outside the club, Hyunjin was just a person. A nobody. The feeling weighed on his shoulders, forcing him to shrink as tiny as he could as they walked.

.

They didn't talk more as Changbin headed to their destination. Nestled amongst the luxury stores was a dimly lit designer, where the elite of society got their ass wrapped in fancy fabrics. He tried to blend into the background, uncertain of his place amidst the elegantly dressed patrons who seemed to glide through the mall with ease. Hyunjin shifted his weight from one foot to another. His hands were buried deep in his pockets. This shop looked like even breathing in the faint smell of cologne and fresh clothes would cost him a paycheck. His heart pounded with uneasiness as his eyes surveyed the ostentatious interior of the store.

Changbin took charge. He strode towards the store manager. "Mr. Han Junior send us."

They didn't miss the judging side-eye the tailor gave Hyunjin before they rounded the table. "You can go to the back, I'll be there in a second sir."

While they followed the instructions, Hyunjin watched Changbin. Now that he thought about it, he had no idea who he was. Was he used to this lavish lifestyle? Was he another rich kid who got lucky to be employed by his friend? A deep sigh left his lips. Questions were unnecessary but enough to kick him into overthinking once again.

.

A few minutes in, the staff announced herself with a knock on the door. The tailor approached Hyunjin, armed with a measuring tape and an attentive eye. "Should I just follow the instructions given by Mr. Han or are there any wishes for this suit sir?" She asked. Hyunjin turned his head to Changbin, who answered.

Hyunjin's eyes darted warily around the plush store, unable to shake the feeling of inadequacy. He was told to strip down to his underwear. He bit his lip and wanted to close his eyes and disappear. This is ridiculous.

The tailor's delicate hands moved with precision as she draped the expensive fabrics over his frame, transforming his unassuming figure into that of a gentleman. "Is there something wrong with this fabric sir?" The voice shook Hyunjin back to reality. He must've been shaking, judging by the look on her face.