𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Jeongin eyes were staring holes into his head like he was trying to get his brain to spill out if Hyunjin wasn't going to open his mouth to speak. But neither of that was happening. This was under the top ten most awkward moments in their history of friendship. 

Hyunjin sat on his seat, limbs tangled and back bent so he could fit his entire body on it. He looked into nothingness.

"You're really not going to talk, are you?" Hyunjin swallowed his cereal. A slow smile crept on his lips. Jeongin shook.

"Not plannin' on it, no." Jeongin sighed, eyebrow twitching. Hyunjin was irritating to be around this morning, even Blake had taken his shit and left.

Hyunjin wobbled a little in his seat. His breath stunk. His hair looked tossed like fried rice in a pan, it was plated on top of his head with very little love from the chef. Sleep was a completely foreign concept.

"If you pass out, I'm not gonna catch you... again." With that, Jeongin stood up.

"Good thin' i didn't ask for your help, or your opinion for that matter." As Hyunjin spoke, spit flew across the table.

Jeongin groaned. "I can't stand you sometimes. Get your ass to bed Hyune, please." He rubbed his face and released a big huff.

Hyunjin only hummed and scrolled on TikTok instead. His for you page was filled with a bunch of dancers and bad humor as a form of coping mechanism. He kept liking those kinds of videos. Of people showing how ridiculous they could be in denying their problems and their ways of solving them. It made him feel better about himself. He was dramatic but knew nothing was really wrong.

As he mindlessly swiped a familiar account popped up. Sin City, is a local tattoo and piercing shop. This video explained certain lip piercings. Hyunjin looked at the time. A short nap won't hurt before I gotta go, right?

Before he was able to make the decision, he already crashed on the couch.

.

By the time Hyunjin woke up, two hours had passed. He opened his eyes, squinting against the unforgiving LED lights he had forgotten to turn off. A dull throb echoed through his temples as the events of last night seeped through his strainer-like brain.

He winced, feeling the decision of his drinking finally setting in. The nap was a terrible idea, as he realized staring at the ceiling. He'd rather be half drunk meeting Jisung, than doing it hungover. The man made him too submissive, and in the already clouded state of mind, this was a promising disaster.

With the clock ticking so merciless, Hyunjin groaned and pushed himself up. He had to use all his willpower to separate himself from the couch. Putting his feet on the cold floor, he stumbled to the bathroom. One hand clasped over his mouth as his dizziness tried to take form outside of his body.

The mirror greeted him with the image of a familiar stranger – dark circles glaring back at him. All of it was evidence of a sleepless night fueled with things Hyunjin knew it was better to not remember. Even if he tried, he couldn't.

Hyunjin splashed his face with icy water in an attempt to jerk himself awake. But it did little to shatter the Sluggishness weighing upon him. The reflection in the mirror remained the same. A pathetic man on the precipice of a life-changing moment, trying to mask his discomfort with a feeble smile.

But he had no business letting other people know about that. Realizing he had no time to nurse his hangover, he got dressed and covered the regret on his face with makeup. His old best friend, Guilty Conscience, knocked on his door, making sure Hyunjin sent a message to Jeongin.

.

The message was sent and he was shaking in his seat. The taxi raced towards his destination, the weird anxiety or hidden excitement paired with the dull throbbing of his head made him carsick. Hyunjin clutched his bag, fingers trembling as he held his head out the window.