Chapter 2

-Ellie-

I woke up this morning in a rush thanks to Consuela for not setting the alarm to wake me up. I'll be sure to note that to daddy so he can dock her pay.

I'm due to meet my friend Sophia for Starbucks and an afternoon of boutique shopping for my Cozumel trip next week.

None of the bathing suits I had in my closet were my taste anymore, I shall see to it they are cleared out before they take up space.

I run a hot shower and wash my self in my favorite Chanel Body Wash before climbing into my Dolce white linen dress and my nude Jimmy Choos. A splash of Dolce & Gabanna and my favorite Patricia Nash bag and I'm off to find Sophia.

Sophia, as always is running late because she got caught up in a meeting. And by meeting I mean, she got caught up on the desk of her boss with his head between her legs and she would be here when she freshened up. Such a cheeky devil she is.

I hear a loud boom and I am confused to where it's coming from. I march my way over to the store entrance and see a tall brown headed man in a black shirt waving a gun at the people inside.

This must be a joke, I think to myself. I climb over the shards of glass, careful not to scuff my shoes and as I turn the corner, the man in the black shirt bumps into me.

My first thought was how handsome he was. His dark hair and dark eyes, the chisel of his cheek, the pout of his perfect kissable lips. He smelled of sweat and adrenaline but that wasn't a turn off.

We just stared into each other, muted.

"Beckett." I heard someone say and I looked at him.

"Is that your name." I thought to myself.

"SHIT" he said and pulled my arm toward him.

"Help. Help. He-"
I tried to scream but now his hand was covering my mouth. His hand smelled of metal and gun powder and at this moment I was afraid for my life.

He pushed me toward a black van, I saw 4 other men inside. I tried so hard to take in everything that I saw, committing it to memory so when I escaped I could tell someone about this.

The men in the van asked this Beckett a lot of questions but I couldn't pay attention. My heart was racing and I was on the verge of an anxiety attack.

"What's your name?" He asked me.

"Ellie." I said but apparently he didn't hear me.

He kicked my leg and screamed, "I SAID, WHATS YOUR NAME?"

Who does he think he is yelling at me!

"ELLIE." I said back.

"My name is Ellie."

I'm not to familiar with what happened after that. I know we yelled to one another and that I was now zip tied to a chair.

I felt the sting of my cheek where he had back handed me and spit ugly words at me.

I tried not to cry, but the taste of my own blood made me want to vomit.

Stay strong El, I kept repeating in my head.

The only thing that had me not sinking into the depths of hell was the fact that I remember my cell phone was tucked away in my bra.