Chapter 40

Don't shoot the messenger. LOL I promise Ellie's POV Is in here too!

-Beckett-

I threw on my jeans and opened the door to see Cash standing there as if he had seen a ghost.

"Cmon. We need you, NOW!" he yelled as I threw on my shoes hopping down the hall.

I grabbed a hoodie hanging from the rack beside the door, and followed him down the steps and into the room where I had instructed them to put Mickey.

I stepped forward into the room and saw Kenny's body lying on the floor, Hunter holding a spot on his chest and blood oozing in the floor.  I glanced to Mickey and saw him even more frumpled against the wall.

"What the hell happened?" I asked.

"Kenny and Hunter came back in here because Mickey was threatening them and Mickey pulled a gun on Kenny. He shot him. " Cash replied.

I watched as Hunter rocked back and forth in the floor holding onto his lifeless brothers body. Kenny was gone.

I am never prepared to hear the sound that emits out of a grown mans mouth when he loses someone so tragically like this.

"Is he?" I asked nodding in Mickey's direction.

"No." Cash replied and I nodded confirming to him that Kenny was gone.

"Hunter." I said crouching closely to him. "he's gone." I followed.

"Kenny!!!!!!!!!" Hunter cried followed by incoherient words and a sob. My heart ached for him.

" Hunter, we got to get you guys out of here, okay? Let me take Kenny and get him cleaned up and you can be with him. " I said tugging at Hunter to stand.

When Hunter was steady on his feet, he clasped his arm around me in such a deep hug that it took my breath away.  "he's gone Beck, he's gone." He repeated.

I grasped his neck with my hand and I told him in his ear. " I will avenge this. I will kill Mickey, I will make him suffer. I promise you." Before releasing him and watching as Cash picked up Kenny's body and they both left the room.

I stalked over to Mickey and I bent down and grabbed him by his hair pulling his head too look up at me.

"You're Dead." I spoke before I took his head and smashed it against the wall.

I walked out of the room and went to the medicine cabinet in the boys apartment to find rubbing alcohol. Just as I turned the corner, my eyes caught on the welder that Cash uses to repair our cars. PERFECT.

Cash met me with questioning eyes at the door. "Whats up with that?" he asked.

"Mickey James will pay for what he has done." I replied.

"Hunter's lost it man. " Cash said in reply, "but I don't doubt that he would want to see this."

I walked into the room where Mickey was and I poured the bottle of rubbing alcohol all over him, listening to him scream in pain as the liquid burned his wounds.

"Heat it up." I said to Cash and he nodded in understanding.

"Close the door, I don't want Ellie to hear." I said to Hunter who sniffled in the back by the door.

As Cash sparked the lighter to the welder, I watched it glow crimson with fire before I touched the torch gun to retrieve it from Cash's hands.

"You better be praying to who it is you believe in, because that's all that's going to get you through this. It will be enough that you beg me to finish you off, but just enough to keep you hanging on, you disgusting piece of shit." I said before I touched the glowing fire torch to his skin.