Chapter 24

-Ellie-

I laid with Beckett reminiscing the events of our evening. How things transpired and how we had made our way to the bed and we were lying with one another. It felt pleasant, euphoric and different than anything before.

"Want to tell me about your day now?" I asked against his chest.

" Not really. " he murmured.

"That bad? " I asked.

"The first part was stressful, the second half proved to be spectacular." He said twirling his fingers in my hair.

I smiled and situated myself further to make a more comfortable spot on formed to his body.

"What happened here?" I said to the scar that I had always saw but never questioned on Beckett's abdomen.

"I was stabbed." He said.

"Oh my gosh." The words spewed from my mouth. "When? Why? Who?" I asked.

"When I was 22 because I wanted out of the three one five ." He said.

"Marcus? He did this?" I asked and he nodded.

I trailed my fingered across the raised patch of scarred flesh.

"Cash." He said as if I had asked him who had sutured him.

"I'm sorry." I said as I placed a kiss on it.

"Doesn't hurt. How are you? " he said.

"Me? I'm fine." I replied confused.

"I mean was that ok? You know what happened earlier?" He asked.

Was that ok? Is he kidding? That was more than okay. Being with him was sensational. More than anything I have ever experienced before. Maybe it was because I confessed my love for him, maybe because we had made love, not had sex.

In this misconstrued world, Beckett was my happy ending.

Sure it's cliche that I feel in love with him, but I see a softer side of him. A deeper side, a younger side than what Beckett is portrayed to be.

Finding words to describe it was defeated, so I murmured "Perfect." Before raising myself to his lips and crashing into them.

His lips were the opposite of his exterior. They were soft like velvet, gentle as a butterfly, and the depth he reached inside my heart with his kiss was further than anyone has been before.

>>>>>>>>>>>

After a long afternoon in bed with Beckett, we finally made our way to clothes and the couch.

Cash and Quinn came around and we all sat while I listened intently to their conversations.

"El, Damon told us that your uncle is in trouble for extortion, and that is why he is seeking your return." Beckett said to me as he picked up my stretched out leg up off the middle couch cushion and slid himself closer to me.

"I can't say that I'm surprised. He has been actively collecting from those accounts for a while now." I said.

"But, if that is his motive behind this, I will say he will not stop looking for me. He has always said I would take over his part until he returned because he doesn't trust my mother." I followed running my fingers across Becketts hand.

"He won't find you El." Cash reassured me.

"We have Damon, I'm sure the three one five won't stop their search either." I replied.

"We could return him?" Quinn asked.

"Or we could not, Quinn. Where is your head ? The second he gets free, it's down hill from there." Beckett said.

"I'm just thinking long term here." Quinn said.

"Long term as in when I'm not around?" I questioned.

Beckett stiffened and I gently pulled his arm back to me.

"I didn't say that." Quinn said.

"Ellie isn't going anywhere. This is not even a conversation that is up for debate. She's here, we are here. Damon is here, until I decide what to do with him. Because Quinn, I don't know if you have forgotten all along the way that it is me who is the leader of Relentless 5. I am the one who calls the shots, I say who gets to stay and who goes. I ask your opinion when I value it, it is not a right but a privilege and you will do fair to remember that." He said to Quinn.

"Beckett I-" Quinn muttered.

"No. Don't Beckett me. Ellie stays." He said more sternly and gave him a sharp look.

I wasn't sure what animosity lies between Quinn and Beckett. I don't know if I am the stone that was wedged between the two but the tension was heavy in this room and it made it unbearable.

"Beckett, I'll just go, umm have a shower and get ready for bed. You talk this out." I said lowly.

"What? No. It's ok." He whispered back.

I gave him a sympathetic smile and arose from the couch.

"Excuse me. Quinn. Cash." I nodded toward them.

I felt a relief walking out of the heaviness and into the bathroom. After the events of today, a moment to myself to gather my thoughts was welcome more than you know.

I didn't want to be in the midst of heavy conversations, I didn't want to care or worry myself about Damon or in regards to my safety. I felt safe with Beckett and I would even say Cash. Not so much the others.

The warm water soothed the muscles in my body I didn't realize were aching. It was refreshing and I relished in the streams of water that made its way down my body, massaging in its path.

I stayed for a long while, not in avoidance of Beckett and the boys, but because it was the first time in a long time I felt peace by myself, I felt confident and today had been the first time any man had made love to0 me and not used me for my body. Today was the first time in all I can remember that I wasn't worried or panicked at the thought of sex. Being with Beckett was simple and I'm glad it was. I hadn't felt simple in quite some time.

AUTHORS Note:

Definitely not the longest I've written but I wanted to update you guys.

Quinn has driven me crazy.

I'll update another as soon as I can.