Epilogue.

I took a long pull from the Bud Light bottle that rested on the bar. The darkness, the neon lights and scantly clad women definitely helped aid my current situation.

For a moment, I was reminiscing...

"Please be safe." Ellie's sweet voice said to me.

"I will be, I promise." I responded before I gently kissed her lips three times. She was so intoxicating.

"Here." She said removing her Cartier locket, that perfect sat around her neck, right beside the perfect spot to kiss her was.

"What? I can't." I said, trying to push her hand away.

"Yes, Beckett. Be safe, you have my heart." She smiled, it was breathtaking before she kissed me gently on the cheek.

I still carry that locket in my wallet....

I saw her before she could see me. Brown hair, pink lips, a little chipmunk laugh. With the last drag of my Marlboro, I extinguished in the ashtray and walked over to her.

"Excuse me." I said. "I'm not quite sure if this if I got this right but from across the room, you looked like an angel sitting here, all alone." I followed.

"Nice one." She said smiling, "I'm Delia, you are?" She nodded  to me.

"Beckett. Pleased to meet you." I said before sitting down beside of her.

We stayed for a while, in the dark bar, ordering shots of whiskey and bottles of beer. She was drinker, that Delia was and she would fix me just fine.

" You remind me of someone I knew." I told her at the end of the night.

She smiled at me, a glimmer in her eye. "Oh yeah?" She said,standing in front of me, batting her eyelashes.

"mmmhhhmm." I muttered before I brought her face to my lips and crashed into hers.

It wasn't hard to talk her into coming back to the house with me, it was actually a lot easier than it had been.

"Cash, my roommate, he wont bother you." I said when we pulled into the drive.

We walked through the door to see Cash lying on the couch.He raised up to greet me, his eyes widened at the sight of Delia and I grinned.

"Cash." I nodded.

"Beckett can I have a word with you?" He asked.

I turned toward the girl, "If you don't mind to excuse us,Delia. My room is the 2nd door on the left. Go ahead, I'll be right there." I said before hastily kissing her lips and watched as she walked nervously down the hall.

"You cant be serious!" Cash whisper yelled, limping over tome. "Another one? That's the 3rd one this week, Beck." He said.

"Don't. Don't sit back like your my damn father and tell me what to do, Cash." I said back.

"I'm not but every time, every time you do this, Its me who has to pick up after your mistakes. I'm tired man. Just one night, that's all Iask." He pleaded.

Whatever. I turned and stalked down the hall.

When I opened the door, Delia was sitting on my bed, waiting for me to enter. She was dressed in a really sexy red number, lace everywhere.It was definitely a sight for sore eyes. I licked my lips like she was a piece of juicy steak just waiting to be devoured.

I tossed my shirt to the floor and climbed on the bed on top of her small fragile body. My hands traced the pattern of her thighs as ourkissed deepened. "Oh, baby." She moaned into my ear when I was sucking on the part of her neck that met her collar bone.

I reached behind her back and unclasped her bra, freeing her small breast and watching her body squirm as I took them into my mouth. I lingered there for as long as I could, but something about the way she smelled was different. Odd. She didn't smell like Ellie.

My eyes faded into the image of the precious girl in front of me, before I unbuttoned my pants and slid myself into her, feeling her insides squeeze around me and hearing my name escape her lips. I slammed myself into her further and further trying to find my release as I felt her body getting tighter and tighter.

"I love you, Ellie." I whispered to her ear as I momentarily slowed my strokes.

"Ellie? Who the hell is Ellie?" she said. What? Who is Ellie? Why would Ellie say that?

And before I could spill into the girl, I noticed that her face had turned red, her arms flailing around, clawing at my arms as my hands had their strong grip on her throat. I slammed myself further trying to reach my edge, to see just how close I could come this time, and right before I slipped over the edge, the girl in front of me turned blue.

Authors Note:

I don't know if this makes sense, so I will explain it here.

Beckett kind of flipped his horse after Ellie died. Months later, he stalked women at a bar,looking for someone similar so that for a slither of a second he could imagine her as Ellie and not a strange woman.

The scenarios always played out the same, Beckett would get caught up in the act that he would call the girl Ellie and she would ask who Ellie was. Because he didn't understandand he was so broken he would end up killing the girl before he could finish and before he would realize what he had done.

Ellie dying is what broke Beckett Adams completely, hence the title Breaking Beckett.