season 2 chapter 17

^^^y/n p.o.v^^^

As I sat in the car with Steve, I bet my face showed my confusion and fear.

"You okay over there?" Steve asked, his voice held worry. I looked over at him, watching as he gripped and turned te steering wheel.

"I don't know the answer to your question..there was a lot of us when I escaped but...now...I don't know" I said, my voice going into a soft whisper.

I saw Steve's lips pull into a frown as I looked at him.

His eyes snapped away from me and back to the road.

The car filled with an awkward silence, the type that makes you regret speaking or makes you wish you didn't say what you had said.

I bit at the inside of my cheek, wishing that Steve would say something.

"Did they mark you all?" Steve asked as I saw his eyes trail down to the numbers dawning on my wrists. "Yes..all of us had a number our number depends on the order we were got (THAT MAY BE WRONG) mines 003" I said as I grabbed the end of my sleeve and pulled it up, showing the marking.

Steve looked at it before looking back at the road.

My eyes looked ahead of us, seeing the byers house looming in the distance.

"Well, there's your house" Steve said as he pulled into the driveway. "Did I answer all your questions?" I asked, feeling a smile pull at the corners of my lips as I looked at him.

"Most of them" Steve said, flashing his pearly white teeth.

I felt my heart stop for a second as he smiled at me.

I felt a feeling bubble in the pit of my stomach as I looked at him.

What was this feeling? It felt so... unnatural to me...

"Bye Y/n" Steve said, my name dripping from his tongue like honey, something I've never noticed before.

He said my name so perfectly.. it sounded like he was ment to say my name..

"Y/n?" Steve asked after not getting a reply

"OH bye!" I rushed out as I clumsily undid my seat belt and opened the door."see you at school tomorrow y/n"  "you too"

After I shut the door, Steve drove off...

~~~~Time skip~~~~

"So Steve, the bully of all things,drove you home?" Jonathan asked as he cocked an eyebrow up at me.

I nodded as I pulled out a Tupperware container of left overs Joyce cooked yesterday.

"Why?" Johnathan asked.

"He just asked some questions " I muttered as I pulled a plastic plate from the cabinet. "About?" "Me" "why ?" "I don't know"

I didn't want to tell Jonathan  what Steve asked about.

I grabbed a spoon and scooped some of the left overs onto the plate and popped it in the microwave, and that question came back..

How many kids were left?
How many moms aimlessly thought it would be okay?..

(Sorry for the short chapter im. Sleepy )