CHAPTER 21

TW: SELF-HARMING

.....

Jeovanni didn't seem at ease anymore on the drive back to my house. He was distracted; his fingers tapping the wheel constantly and in a fast speed, and his legs bouncing, what made me wonder how he was being able to drive in the first place.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Mhm" His answer came too quickly, making me narrow my eyes.

"You're agitated" I noted.

"I'm just fine"

I snorted, but said nothing more until he parked in front of the house, turning off the car and opening its door.

"What are you doing?" I questioned with my eyebrows furrowed, getting out as well.

"I'm accompanying you to the door" He replied casually "I'm a gentleman"

"Yeah, right" I scoffed.

"I won't even comment on your sarcasm" He took my hand in his and started to lead me towards the front door.

"You just did"

He rolled his eyes at me, and I let go of his hand to look for the keys in my pocket. I began to unlock the door, the furrow between my brows starting to reappear when Jeovanni didn't move.

"You can go now" I told him.

"Uh..." He trailed "I'll wait for you to get inside"

"You're so fucking weird" I muttered.

"Surprise!" I heard a lot of words combined when I finally swung the door open, my confused expression fading to a blank one.

Danielle. Mallory. Alvarez. Aaron. Mark. Mika. Nia. Malia. Lucas. No. No, no, no, no, no. No fucking way in hell. No.

"You knew about this?" I turned to Jeovanni with a glare.

"I..." He tried to find something to say, seemingly disoriented by my behavior "Jack-"

I pursed my lips, feeling a knot start to form itself in my throat. I glanced away from him, and opened and closed my hands several times in fists, wanting so bad to punch something or someone. But I couldn't – I wouldn't – do that. So I found another way to outburst. I didn't properly find it. It just came to me unconsciously.

"Do you guys think I want this shit?" I asked through gritted teeth, and everyone's smiles dropped "You" I pointed at Danielle "How did you know it was today?"

"I mean- I-" She shook her head and blinked, also taken aback "We called your dad and..."

I muted her next words the second I heard the word 'dad' come out of her mouth.

"You called my father?" I echoed.

I was met with silence. I let out a humorless laugh, running my hands through my hair.

"You called my father" I repeated, closing my eyes and nodding. This isn't happening. This isn't happening. She called my father, she called my fucking father.

"Dude, we just wanted to do something nice" Aaron murmured.

"Shut up!" I shouted, opening my eyes to look at them all "Shut the fuck up! Who the hell do you think you are?"

"Jack-" Mallory tried to intervene.

"No!" I yelled "You're a fucking traitor" I turned to Jeovanni to point an accusatory finger at him, my eyes starting to get blurry with tears, although I was sure they didn't hide my glare.