★ Chapter 8: Plots are twisted and twisted are plots ★

His friends yell and scream in protest as Lloyd gets dragged by Chen's Anacondrai followers. They couldn't get past the now cunning warriors and were screaming for Lloyd to snap out of his trance. When his childhood crush lead him on and betrayed him, he has been in deep, agonising thought. He ended up passing out.

•~~~~ LATER WITH CHEN, BRAD AND LLOYD ~~~~•

"Wakey wakey, Green Ninja!" Chen sang, impatiently.

"Ugh, what happened..?" Lloyd asked, then quickly realised the answer to his question. His eyes went wide. "What do you want with me Chen? Where am I?" He didn't even bother looking at Brad because of the betrayal he was feeling at this very moment. 

"Ssssimple. We're going to usssse you assss bait. And we are underground in the Sssserpentinessss' old basssse. Turns out it'sss very good for planning and plotting." Chen smirked.

 "Of course." Lloyd rolled his eyes. "And how exactly are you going to use me as bait?"

"Well, we need you assss a disssstraction for when your friendssss arrive but while having you here, we may asssswell out you to some good ussssse sssso you're gonna tell ussss where Pythor issss." Chen answered. Brad whispered something into Chen's ear but Lloyd couldn't hear what he said. Chen's evil grin seemed to have enlargened at what Brad had suggested.

"That'ssss a wonderful idea, my child! I need to go sssso you can do that." Chen cackled while walking out.

"What? What did he mean by 'mY cHiLd'?" Lloyd mocked. Brad couldn't help but giggle a little at Lloyd's mockery.

"Well he's my father. Why else would he say that?" Brad answered.

"Fair point I guess. So what did you whisper to Chen then? And why didn't Skylor tell us about you?"

"Now why should I tell you that?"

"I asked first!"

"I'm not tied to a chair at the moment."

"Whatever. So are you not telling me because you know I'll escape or because you just wanted to talk to me?" Lloyd teased. Brad's cheeks went an unnoticeable, light pink.

"You know, you seem to be less tense when you are with me, especially when my father isn't here." It was now Brad's turn to tease. He didn't get much of a expression from Lloyd though. Just a smirk.

"Chen is an evil, conniving traitor towards the elemental masters from the past. You may be his son and you may have betrayed me, but we were the best of friends at one point so I guess I feel less tense when he's not here. There, happy with my answer?"

"I guess." Brad seemed a little hurt when Lloyd said 'were' but he shook it off. 

"So, why is it that Chen left me here with you?"

"Don't worry about that. I will speak with you either later or tomorrow for answers on the whereabouts of Pythor." And with that, he left the room and left Lloyd confused.

•~~~~ MEANWHILE, DURING THE TIME LLOYD WAS PASSED OUT, WITH THE OTHERS ~~~~•

 "WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?! WE HAVE NO WAY OFF OF THE ISLAND BECAUSE WE SUNK THE ONLY WAY WE HAVE OF TRANSPORTATION AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME! WHO'S IDEA EVEN WAS THAT?! AND WE CAN'T GET TO LLOYD BECAUSE HE WAS CAPTURED!!! AND, MIND YOU, WE NEED TO GO HELP ZANE!" Jay yelled, panicked and worried.

 "JAY, CALM DOWN! I'm sure we can go get Zane and we'll find a way off of the island! We need a plan." Nya said, trying her hardest to stay calm.

 "I agree, we can't ssstressss too much becausssse we need to come up with a plan to get off this issssland and get to Chen sssso we can resssscue Lloyd. We alsssso need to try and find Zane firsssst." Garmadon informed.

 "Well, I think we have a way off of this island!" Zane yelled, appearing from the forest.

 "Zane! You unlocked your dragon!" Cole yelled.

 "How did you do it?" Jay asked.

 "I faced my fear! I thought what I was scared of was in front of me but it was actually inside of me." Zane informed.

 "Zane is right!" Kai said, appearing with Skylor sitting behind him on his dragon. "When I saw that I was being held back from the inside, I faced my fear of what was happening around me."

Soon after he said that, all of the elemental masters started to appear with a dragon that represented their element. Earth, lightning, speed, smoke, metal, shadow, form, nature, mind, gravity, poison and light. 

 "Wait a minute... Where's Lloyd and Brad?" Kai asked.

 "Chen kidnapped Lloyd! Brad betrayed him and apparently he's working with Chen." Jay replied.

 "What?! Let's hurry then!" Kai said, with an angry tone.

Everyone nodded with agreement as they made their way to New Ninjago City.

A.N. Sorry I haven't worked on this in a while! I completely forgot to be honest. It's not as long as the others but I had to rush it because I need to go somewhere since I have an appointment. I hope you liked it and I will start working on the next chapter when I get back home later. 846 words.

Edited 01/08/2023