★ | 001. attention

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Cassie Howard
Chapter 1: Attention
Word Count: 306

Cassie was standing by her locker, a sweet smile on her lips as she watched [name] pass her by

Cassie was standing by her locker, a sweet smile on her lips as she watched [name] pass her by. Though that smile dropped when he only glanced at her for a second before putting his attention back on his friend and continuing to walk down the hallway.

She sighed and dropped her head, her nearly trimmed bangs hanging in her eyes. She had tried a new look, hoping that would catch his attention. She had been trying to years now and still nothing worked.

"You really need to get over my brother." Maddy said bluntly. She knew all about her best friends love for her brother. She didn't mind it she just wished Cassie would have realise [name] wasn't into her and never had been.

Cassie lifted her head. "D - Does he ever talk about me?"

Maddy have her a look. "Do you really want me to answer that?"

"What am I doing wrong?" Cassie groaned and leaned her head against the locker. "I swear, I've tried everything. Is he into redheads? Brunettes? I can dye my hair - "

"Cassie, stop having a bitch fit." Maddy cut her off and put a hand on her shoulder. "I'm gonna say this in the nicest way possible. He's just not that into you, move on."

Cassie's frown seemed to deepen. "You don't think I'd be a good girlfriend to him?"

"I think you'd be a great girlfriend to him but he's too stupid to realise that." Maddy placed her arm around Cassie's shoulder. "Come on, there's a party tonight. We'll find you a guy there."

But Cassie didn't want a random guy at a party. She wanted [name].

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio