★ | 008. late night drives

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Cassie Howard
Chapter 8: Late Night Drives
Word Count: 479

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Cassie HowardChapter 8: Late Night DrivesWord Count: 479

His phone ringing is what woke him up. He looked at his clock, seeing it was two a.m. in the morning. There could only be one person calling him at this time and when he looked at his phone, his suspicions were confirmed. Cassie.

He rubbed his eyes and answered, holding the phone to his ear. "Hey, Cass. Are you okay?" All he heard was sniffling back and he sighed. "I'll be there soon." He hung up the phone and sat up.

This was a regular occurrence for them. Cassie would always call him late at night when she was upset about something and he would always answer and go to her to comfort her.

He got out of bed and put a shirt and jacket on before grabbing his keys.

The cool night air hit his face and made a chill went through his body before he was rushing to his car and getting in. He turned it on and put the heater on. It was a hell of a cold night.

It only took him ten minutes to get to Cassie's since he lived pretty close and he saw her waiting outside for him, her arms wrapped around herself and head moving as if looking for him. When she caught sight of him she began to walk towards the car and he slowed to a stop. "You must be freezing. Where's your jacket."

Once she got in she put her hands in front of the heater. "I - I rushed out of the house. I forgot it."

He wanted to ask why she didn't just walk back in and get it but stopped himself. Cassie did have her dumb moments sometimes. Even though it was cold he leaned forward and took his jacket off before handing it over to her.

"You don't have to - "

"Cass, you're shivering. Put it on."

"Thanks." She smiled at him gratefully before taking it and putting it on, enjoying his scent that wafted into her nose.

"Want to talk about why you're upset?" He pulled onto the road and began driving, not going anywhere. This is what they usually did, just drive around aimlessly until Cassie was ready to go home.

"I think I'd like to just listen to some music and... be with you." She turned on the radio before moving over and wrapping her arm around his middle and resting her head on his shoulder.

He glanced down at the top of her blonde head and couldn't help but smile because as much as he didn't want to admit it, he was completely in love with his best friend and he would never be able to admit it.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio