★ | 013. her mum doesn't approve

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Cassie Howard
Chapter 13: Her Mum Doesn't Approve
Word Count: 704

"You don't even know him, mum! You can't treat him like this!" Cassie screamed at the top of her lungs

Suze put her head in her hands, a lit smoke in her hands. "Don't you yell at me!" She said back.

"I will yell because of how you're treating my boyfriend." Cassie continued. She could feel the tears in her eyes but she kept them in. She didn't want to cry again.

"Cassie, maybe you should calm down..." Lexi started but quickly stopped when Cassie put her glare on her.

"Shut up, Lexi!" Cassie snapped.

"Don't talk to your sister like that you little shit." Suze pointed at her with angry eyes.

"Why are you doing this?" Cassie threw her arms up. "I finally find a guy that treats me like a queen and you can't even be bothered to meet him?"

"I've heard of his reputation, Cassie. When I talked to my friends and told them who you were dating they were more than happy to tell me all about him - "

"They don't know him!" Cassie cut her off.

"They're daughters do." Suze snapped. "They told me all about how he has slept around. He's gotten a girl pregnant before! You really want to be with a dead beat teen dad?"

"Don't call him that!" Cassie glared at her. "He might have a rough past but he's not like that anymore and he's a great dad. He treats his daughter amazing and I love her to."

[name] did have a pretty bad past. He was known for being a guy that did drugs, slept around and had been in juvie more times than once. But then he had his daughter and he changed for her. He got his grades up and got a part time job to support her and the mother. Him and Cassie had met when she had come into the café he worked at. They got to talking and she had instantly grown fond of him.

She came in every day for two weeks until he had finally asked her out. He had told her of his past and his daughter before to make sure she still wanted to take the next step with him and she did.

She had met his daughter a couple months after dating and she was a gem. Cassie found her so cute and loved spending time with her.

When she had first told Suze they were dating, she was happy for her. That was before Suze had found out about his past by others and now she didn't trust or approve of him. She wanted Cassie to break up with him but Cassie refused.

"You're still so young, Cassie and you want to become a step mum?" Suze shook her head. "He'll hurt you the same way he's hurt all those other girls."

"He was a guy that broke hearts and he's made mistakes but you can't change him on his past. He's not like that anymore." Cassie said firmly. "And I love his daughter."

Suze shook her head. "You'll regret this, Cassie. I know you will and when he breaks your heart I will say I told you so."

"The only person breaking my heart is you, mum." Cassie took a step back. "You're missing out on getting to know an amazing guy that makes me happy. That's on you, not me."

"Cassie..." Suze trailed off as Cassie left the room.

It really hurt her that Suze didn't want to get to know [name] but no matter what she said, Cassie would not leave him. She loved him and his daughter with all her heart and she would be there for him.

She entered her room and slammed the door shut behind her. She saw her phone light up and walked over to it.

It was a message from [name]. She clicked on it and saw it was a photo of him and his daughter smiling at the camera with the caption: we miss you!

Her mood instantly brightened.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio