★ | 014. lonely girl at the bar

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Cassie Howard
Chapter 14: Lonely Girl At The Bar
Word Count: 795

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Cassie HowardChapter 14: Lonely Girl At The BarWord Count: 795

[name] sat at the table in the restaurant by himself with his chin on his hand. He had been waiting for his date to arrive for the past hour. He had hope in him that she would still show up but that hope kept going down every time the waiter would come over and ask if he was finally ready to order.

Why wouldn't she show up?

He checked his phone to see if she had texted him but found nothing. How long should he wait before he finally left? What if there was traffic? Or something had happened to her?

He really didn't want to admit that he had probably been stood up. Maybe she had only said yes to stand him up and make fun of him with her friends.

He sighed and stood up. He wasn't going to wait any longer. He was sure she wasn't going to show up.

Instead of walking out, he walked over to the bar and stood next to a girl with long blonde hair. "Can I just have a beer please?" He ordered. He glanced at the girl next to him, seeing she looked sad. She was just staring down at her drink and stirring it.

"Rough night?" He couldn't help but say.

She looked up to see if he was talking to her. "Sorry?"

"Oh, it's just... you look kinda down." He continued.

She frowned and shrugged her shoulders. "I guess I am kinda down."

He nodded his head as his drink was placed in front of him. "Want to talk about it?"

She looked at him confused. "You want me to talk to you about my problems?"

"Why not? I haven't got any plans." He smiled lightly.

"I don't know if you could handle it." She replied with a teasing tone.

"Try me." He uncapped his beer and took a sip. "I think you'd be surprised."

For the next half an hour Cassie (he had learnt that was her name) told him about everything that was bothering her. She had gotten with her best friends ex boyfriend and it had been a couple weeks since everyone had found out.

She told him she she had lost all her friends, none of them wanted to be associated with her. Not only that but the ex boyfriend, Nate, had dumped her because he said she wasn't worth it and was only using her for sex.

"I really miss her." She stated quietly. "Maddy was my best friend. She was always there for me and I screwed everything up for a guy I thought loved me." He saw a tear run down her cheek.

"Maybe you could become friends again."

She shook her head. "No. She'll never forgive me and she shouldn't I guess." She looked at him. "Do you think I'm a bad person?"

"I think you're someone that fell in love and made a mistake. So, no I don't think you're a bad person." He said softly and he saw her face soften with relief. She probably thought he was going to judge her like everyone else. "I know it doesn't seem like it now but you'll get through this."

She sighed. "And what about you?"

"What do you mean?"

"What are you doing here, alone, on a Friday night?"

"Oh." He laughed lightly. "I was supposed to be on a date but she ditched. Found something better to do?"

She raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Wait, really?"

"Why do you sound so shocked?"

"Because... I mean... you seem like a really nice guy and you're hot." She blurted out.

His smile widened. "Thanks Cassie."

"If only I'd met you before him. Could have saved me a whole lot of trouble."

"Yeah, you would have gone for me?"

"Are you kidding? Of course I would have."

"You're making me blush." The flirting was going up a little and [name] couldn't say he didn't like it. He looked at the table he was once sitting at before looking back at her. "You want to get some dinner with me?"

"Are you asking me on a date?" She giggled.

"Yeah, I am."

"Even after everything you heard about me?"

He tilted his head at her. "I think you are an amazing and beautiful girl with a big heart. That's what I think of you after everything you told me. So yes. I would love to go on a date with you."

"Then let's go eat."

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio

Why can't a [name] come up to me in a bar and sweep me off my feet?