★ | 007. picking her up for a date

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Cassie Howard
Chapter 7: Picking Her Up For A Date
Word Count: 570

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Cassie HowardChapter 7: Picking Her Up For A DateWord Count: 570

[name] had a bouquet of flowers in his hands as he knocked on the door in front of him. He waited for a moment before he was met with Suzie. She looked him up and down and nodded in approval. "You look good kid."

"Thanks Suzie." He smiled as she stepped aside and let him in. "Where's Cassie?"

"She's still getting ready. I have to tell you, I have never seen her this excited for a date before."

"Really?" His smile seemed to widen at that information.

She nodded her head. "Oh yeah. Glad you finally grew some balls and asked her out. It only took you five years."

[name] rubbed the back of his neck and laughed. Yeah, it did take him five years. That's when he moved to town and they met. They had always danced around each other and the topic of them dating but had never taken the next step.

He finally realised that now was the right time and asked her to a Halloween party. He was so glad when she said yes.

"Hi, [name]."

He turned his head towards the voice and saw Cassie at the top of the staircase, looking absolutely beautiful. "Wow." He couldn't help but say.

Cassie blushed and smiled at him, doing a little twirl to show off her outfit. "You like it."

"I love it." He answered.

She walked down the steps and stood in front of him. "Are those for me?" She gestured down to the flowers in his hand.

"Na, I got them for Suzie." He said with a teasing smile.

"Aw, that's so sweet, kid." Suzie said before taking a drag of her smoke.

Cassie playfully rolled her eyes. "You are so funny."

"I know." He held out the flowers. "I got your favourite."

She grabbed them from him and lifted them up to her nose to smell them. "Hmm, so nice. I should put them in some water."

"Wait, wait. I want to take a photo." Suzie said, getting her camera out of her pocket.

"Mum..." Cassie whined, her face going red again.

"Shush and just do it."

[name] laughed and put his arm around Cassie's waist, pulling her into his side. She looked surprised at the action but quickly leaned into his side, looking up at him with her eyes shining.

Suzie took the photo so she could get the cute moment of Cassie staring at him with love. "Okay, one more."

Cassie looked at the camera this time as Suzie took another photo. "Okay, can we go now?" She questioned with raised eyebrows.

"Go, go, Let me take those." Suzie grabbed the flowers from her daughter. "Have fun but not too much fun."

"Not too much fun. Got it." [name] nodded his head. He kept his arm around Cassie's waist as the two walked out the front door. "You excited?"

Cassie nodded, looking at him with another smile. "I can't wait for my first date with you."

"And hopefully you'll grant me a second." He teased and opened the door to his car.

"Don't push your luck." Cassie teased back before getting in. [name] was going to give her the best date she had ever been on.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio