Chapter 29 Part I

The injury on Ruan Zhi Yin's foot was not serious, and she put on comfortable shoes when she went to work for the next few days, which did not affect her work after the ribbon-cutting ceremony.

  Seeing that she insisted on going to work, Cheng Yue Lin frowned and said a few words, but it didn't resolve her stubbornness, so he only got a promise that she wouldn't go to the construction site for a few days.

  With the official start of the Beicheng project, Ruan Zhi Yin had to coordinate more things. The next few days were very busy, and she often took her work home to work overtime.

  So, there is no time to cook.

  For several days, Cheng Yue Lin did not enjoy the takeaway breakfast service again.

  On Thursday morning, Ruan Zhi Yin packed up and went downstairs.

  She saw Cheng Yue Lin had already changed and sat on the sofa, frowning and staring at the two sandwiches on the coffee table.

  In an instant, she had a different understanding of him.

  Although she knew that Cheng Yue Lin was used to eating breakfast during this time, she never thought that Cheng Yue Lin would actually cook for himself after she hadn't been in the kitchen for four consecutive days.

  Ruan Zhi Yin raised her eyebrows slightly, and walked forward slowly: "Did you make these two sandwiches?"

  Seeing her going downstairs, Cheng Yue Lin pursed his thin lips slightly, and responded lightly: "Yes."

  Ruan Zhi Yin was quite surprised, glanced at the sandwiches on the coffee table, nodded for his hard work, and gave affirmation.

  Sandwiches are not difficult to make, and there are plenty of recipes online. The two copies made by Cheng Yue Lin look pretty good.

  She casually pointed to one of the sandwiches and looked at him with a smile: "So this one is for me?"

  Cheng Yue Lin leaned on the sofa in a loose posture, without directly responding.

  After a while, his eyes were slightly complicated, he glanced at her lightly, shook his head and said, "No."

  She felt that the man's answer wasted her feelings for nothing, the corners of Ruan Zhi Yin's mouth twitched slightly, and she didn't speak again.

  Cheng Yue Lin looked at her expression carefully, lowered his eyes, coughed lightly, and said: "If you want to eat, I will make it for you tomorrow."

  As for today's one, let's give it to Qian Fan.

  There was no abnormality in the man's expression. Meeting his unwavering eyes, the "thank you" that Ruan Zhi Yin was about to say stuck in her mouth.

  However, Cheng Yue Lin didn't seem to care whether she thanked her or not.

  After finishing speaking, he got up and straightened his clothes, put the two sandwiches into the thermal bag, and then looked at her: "Let's go."

*****

  During lunch time, Qian Fan came to the top floor as usual and had dinner with Cheng Yue Lin.

  He believes that people can be lonely emotionally, but they cannot be lonely when eating. Qian Fan couldn't eat alone.

  Even if Cheng Yue Lin just holds a sandwich in his arms, it's better than him eating alone downstairs.

  What's more, his sister-in-law hasn't brought Brother Lin any food these days, so Qian Fan's lunch can't help but taste even more delicious.

  After habitually sitting down opposite Cheng Yue Lin, Qian Fan took out his mobile phone and prepared to order a takeaway for two——