Chapter 7

Bentley drove slowly into the villa area in the east of the city, and stopped at the gate of the courtyard of the old house of the Ruan family.

  The two got out of the car, and the driver was waiting beside him with a gift.

  And Cheng Yue Lin followed her back slowly, entering the old house one by one.

  As soon as he entered the door, Liu Bo, the housekeeper, greeted him.

  Taking the gift from the driver, he looked at Ruan Zhi Yin respectfully and said, "Miss, Mr. Ji has also come to see the master."

  The Mr. Ji mentioned by Uncle Liu is Ji Yi Jun, the adopted son of Grandpa Ruan. Adopted by the Ruan family at the age of twelve, it is said that he is the son of an old friend, but there are also rumors that he is an illegitimate child.

  Perhaps in order to avoid suspicion, Ji Yi Jun moved out of Ruan's house when he became an adult, and only came back occasionally to visit Grandpa Ruan. 

   After Ruan Zhiyin returned to Ruan's house, she didn't see him many times, so she was not familiar with him.

  Just as he was thinking, he saw Ji Yi Jun walking downstairs. The man who was nearly forty years old had a restrained and mature demeanor.

  Ruan Zhi Yin nodded politely: "Uncle."

  "En." Ji Yi Jun responded lightly, shifted his gaze slightly, and looked at the person beside her, "Mr. Cheng."

  Cheng Yue Lin shook hands with Ji Yi Jun, and looked back with a smile in his dark eyes: "Uncle, you're welcome, just call me by name."

  Ji Yi Jun didn't respond, and looked at Ruan Zhi Yin: "Uncle Ruan just woke up, you can take Mr. Cheng over there, I'll go first."

  After saying that, he slightly nodded to Cheng Yue Lin.

  Just as he was about to leave, he suddenly remembered something, looked back and said with a smile: "I almost forgot, I wish you all a happy wedding."

  It was only then that Ruan Zhi Yin remembered that Gu Lin Lang said that Ji Yi Jun made an exception and came to the wedding scene yesterday, but left after the ceremony.

  For some reason, she felt that there was an inexplicable familiarity between Ji Yi Jun and Cheng Yue Lin. But Ji Yi Jun and them are not in the same generation, and she hasn't heard of any intersection between the two.

  As soon as the thought changed, it was quickly put away.

  Ruan Zhi Yin led Cheng Yue Lin upstairs.

  Two months ago, Grandpa Ruan was suddenly diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. Because of his age, the doctor tactfully suggested conservative treatment, but everyone understood what he meant.

  Grandpa Ruan took it very lightly, saying that he had already lived to an octogenarian age, and at most he regretted that his granddaughter was not yet married. So knowing that there was a conflict, she and Qin Jue still set a date for their marriage.

  At yesterday's wedding, apart from being disappointed with Qin Jue, Ruan Zhi Yin was more angry at Lin Cheng and Lin Jing Fei for not caring about her grandfather's body.

  After all, the doctor had instructed that the old man should not be emotional.

  Walking outside the door, Ruan Zhi Yin was about to knock on the door, but suddenly stopped, she hesitated to put away her slender fingertips, and then lightly pulled off the man's cuffs.