~Chapter 13~

{Shinya's POV}
I started in the hospital wing. I looked in every room and down every hallway. Then I went to the armory. Not there. The main operations area was full of busy people making code and what not. She wasn't there. I wanted to ask any of them if they saw her and if they did what direction she went. But I didn't, a lot of them were Americans and I wasn't in the mood to socialize with my poor English.
I kept going, I looked to go see if she had been in the other soldiers living quarters. I peered into each hallway. Didn't see her.
In the last hallway was uninhabited rooms and there she was slumped against the wall, her eyes closed. "Akane? What are you doing across the base?" I said to her in a whisper. Her eyes fluttered open and a blush appeared on her cheeks. "It's your fault" she whispered weakly. I walked over to her and sat down by her. " And why is that?" I said looking at her. "You left. I was all alone and helpless. I wanted to find you... I feel safe around you" she said staring down at the tiled floor. "I'm sorry for leaving you without saying anything, I should have told you where I was going. It's just you looked so cute sleeping I didn't want to wake you up..." I said feeling my cheeks get hot. She looked up at me, our eyes locked. She smiled. She grabbed my had closest to her and clutched it. She then placed mine and her interlocking hands on her lap. She then rested her head on my shoulder.
"I don't feel good" she said quietly. She was really hot.
"Let's get back to your hospital bed" I said shifting my free arm under her legs and she released my other hand which I put on her back, I stood and she shifted so her head rested on my chest. Her breathing was heavy and shaky.
I walked past the operation and into her hospital room. I flipped the covers out of the way and set her down so she was sitting on the bed, her feet hanging off. I sat next to her. " Will you give me a hug?" She said in a soft whisper. I stood up and pulled her feet onto mine. I held her weight and wrapped my arms under her arms, squatting a little so her head rested on my shoulder, her arms weakly wrapped around my neck. She was really hot. "Akane, I think you have a fever." She unwrapped her arms and put her hands on my chest. She pulled her head up off my shoulder and looked into my eyes. She looked frail, she had bags under her eyes and she was pale. "I'm not feeling to good either" she said trying to smile. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath in. I pulled her back onto the bed and laid her down. I pulled the blanket up over her and kissed her cheek. " I'm going to go get a nurse, okay. I will be right back" a quiet okay came from her lips.
I got a nurse and explained what kind of happened. She told me that Akane was having an allergic reaction to the new pain killers they put her on. The nurse replaced Akane's IV in her arm instead of her hand and put her on some heavy antibiotics and the old painkillers she was on before. I had to leave for cardio or Elle would kill me so I left Akane a note in case she woke up and I went to do rigorous training.