~Chapter 24~

3rd Person

"How could they have escaped? Really. How could we have been so incompetent to bring down 2 people" Elle said with venom in her voice. "All this preparation and they got away? We need to comb the forest before night fall" she continued screaming at all the troops. A brave solder raised his hand. "UM. Ms. Elle, who exactly are we looking for?" he asked speaking the question on everyone's mind. "Shinya Kogami and AKANE SHITTING TSUNEMORI!" she said throwing a temper tantrum that only a 4 year old could pull off. "What are you doing? Go! Look! NOW" she yelled. The troops still mildly confused headed for the door.

Akane's POV

We walked further into the thick of the bushes and low tree branches. I followed silently behind Shinya. He made sure to hold the branches back while I walked past them so they wouldn't snap back and hit me in the face. That small gesture sent butterflies dancing in my stomach. I felt much more distant to Shinya than what I had before I was abducted. In a way it was a present. To show me how much I really liked him. To prove that no matter what we go through I will always be in love with him.

"We should make it to the town in about and hour" Shinya said "We should probably stop to eat something" he said patting the backpack I had failed to notice up until that moment. "Okay" I said in a happy tone, making sure to banish any tone that could show my exhausted state. Whatever those drugs were, they made me feel weak and faint. I rubbed my eyes hard and yawned silently. We kept walking for a little while before we came to a small clearing. The cool air nipped at my skin. I let out a shiver. Shinya sat down crisscross apple sauce and yanked me down into his warm lap. He placed the bag in my lap and started to rummage through it. He handed me a water bottle and a granola bar. He took out one for himself. "That's all the water we have so makes sure you only take as much as you need" he said sweetly into my ear. I could feel my cheeks go warm. "Okay" I said opening my granola bar. We sat there and ate in silence for a little while. I drank some of the water and handed to Shinya. I stood and put the back pack on. He seemed a little worried about me having it and then his emotions relaxed. I smiled at him and he flashed his perfect white teeth. 

"Where to?" I asked pointing in a few possible directions we could be going. He took me by the hand and we began to walk. I kept a good pace next to him as we walked into the town. He bribed a man to give us a boat and we decided to stay the night at a hotel and leave in the morning. 

I was shaken as soft whispers scraped by my ears. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the person. Shinya who was laying next to me before now was dressed and looked down at me with worry. "What's the matter?" I asked quietly knowing that if he was whispering I should be too. "They are here" he said, I widened my eyes. "Who? Sybil or the rebellists?" thinking weather or not that was an actual word. "Elle and her heard of crazies" he said pulling me up handing me my pants. I sat there for a second. "I don't ever want to see her again" I said with pain apparent in my voice. "You don't have to. I asked one of the locals if they could inform me when they saw something out of the ordinary. Turns out they are combing through the forest for us" he said. We don't have much time but we can probably get away before they make it to town. Keep in mind they do have helicopters and can just find us so we need to make them believe we are either dead or nowhere to be found. But we don't have that much time" he said. I raised an eyebrow as I thought of how I was going to die. 

A/N

I know its so short. I'm sorry. I needed to get this out of the way before we get to the fun things. I've been working on my other story a lot so I'm sorry for the lateness and shortness of this chapter. Hope you enjoyed this short read. Please vote and comment ^-^