~Chapter 26~

Boom! I'm back :D Hope you enjoy the read! Don't forget to vote and comment C;

Unedited* 

(Akane's POV) 

I watched as the metal door slid shut. The room was quiet and I could hear his faint footsteps as he walked out of the alley. It killed me to know he was going off alone, to his inevitable doom. I pulled my legs up against my chest and nuzzled my face in between my knees.

Time passed. I didn't know how long it had been. I didn't have a watch. I sighed as I sat back. A very distinct scent filled my lungs. I looked down at the gray jacket I was given before we fled out of the hotel. It was soft and smelled like Shinya. Cigarettes and cologne. I pulled the hood up. It was ridiculously huge. It almost made its way to my nose and its fluffy inside tickled my forehead. I thought of the last time he had worn this jacket. I thought back to three years previously when I met him. He was wearing this same jacket.

I patted the pockets. A box of cigarettes and a lighter. There was a crunching sound along with a stiffness so I reached into the pocket and pulled out a picture. It was a picture of me. It was a newer picture since I had just grown out my hair and it was a little past my shoulders. I touched the tips of my hair. The brown locks that were surprisingly soft. Distracted by my hair I refocused on the photo. I wondered where he had gotten it from. It was about a year old because I remember posing for this picture but it was for Sybil recognition thing and wasn't for the public. I sighed not caring about it all to much. I focused on the fact that he had a picture of me in his pocket next to the other thing he loved so dearly. It was such a small thing but through all my doubt about him even liking me it just made me so happy. I cried a few tears.

Getting bored I looked around the hidden apartment. I saw Jim reading a book in the corner. It was actual paper. It was weird because it wasn't something you saw on a normal day. I looked around at the rest of the the place. There was a kitchen and then two rooms.

"Jim?" I asked standing, putting my picture back in the pocket of Shinya's jacket. "What's up Akane?" He asked casually looking up from the book. He placed his finger on where he was reading. "So with the rooms which one is mine?" I asked, "Oh. The one to the right. The bare necessities are in there along with a bathroom and shower" he said. I nodded, "Thanks" I said smiling, "Yeah. Shinya and I are old friends. He saved my life more than once. I owe it to him to keep his lady comfortable" he said smiling back.

"I hate to pry but would you tell me about how you guys met?" I asked walking closer to him trying to take my mind off of Shinya. He was sitting at a table that was in the corner of the small living room. "Well it's not necessarily prying. I mean he is your boyfriend and you've known him longer than I have" he began, "but sure"

"Shinya and I met in America. Born and raised there I had always planned on moving to Japan. I felt like it was a cool place to live, but I knew I wanted to live somewhere that isn't controlled by Sybil so I settled here. But that's beside the point" he said placing his book face down on the table. "Like I said Shinya and I met in America. He wasn't really great at speaking English so I helped him out. I thought it was hilarious because he got so confused about some words and the way we pronounced them. It was just funny all around. I mean it was great. Until they called us to the battle field. We went to India and fought against Sybil there and I got pretty mangled." He paused. "I told him to leave me behind but he refused. It was irritating really.... He ended up pulling me over his shoulder and carried me out of the line of fire. It wasn't just me though. He wanted to help everyone. Very selfless if you ask me" he said smiling. Thinking back on it I suppose. "But yeah. That's how I know him and how we met" he said.