~Chapter 14~

{Akane's POV}
The room was quiet and smelled like bleach. I no longer felt like jello and my fever was gone. I bed creaked as I shifted my body to my side. I curled my legs up and tucked my arms down in-between my stomach and thighs. Shinya wasn't there but I didn't really care. I trust him and his judgment. He was probably busy anyway. When I last saw him he was in uniform, one that I too will wear when I can move around. I wanted a cigarette. But it was impossible to have one.
A nurse came walking into the room with a tray of food.
"Miss Tsunemori it's time for dinner" she said. "Okay" I said scooting to a sitting position. She flipped the table over the bed and my lap. She placed it on the table and looked at my IV bags. She let out a weak grunt and walked out of the room. "Bye" I said under my breath. Dinner did not look good at all. It was some kind of mystery chicken with dry rice. I drank the water that was with it and picked at the meat. I pushed the table that was on wheels away from the bed, a paper fell off the table. It was folded and had rip marks. I unfolded it, it was a note from Shinya.
Akane,
Sorry I have to leave, Elle's started to enforce my training. We walked to some practice area and she tested me in basic combat. That's why I was gone earlier, now she's having me workout. I know it's going to hurt since I'm still sore from when we escaped. So I should be back a few hours after dinner. Please get better
-Shinya
I smiled and tucked the note into my bra. I flipped the covers over my head. I curled back into my ball. The IV was so annoying. It snagged on every thing and it itched.
It was quiet and peaceful. I welcomed the soothing ease of sleep.
{Shinya's POV}
We went out side and ran, we ran past the secondary base and out into the forest. A thin trail forced us to stay in a line as we ran. We then looped back around and back the way we came.We all went to a gym that was in the base and did push-ups, sit-ups, squats, crunches, lunges and punching bags. We did this for a few hours until we were tired,sore and hungry. We had dinner late and were dismissed. I went to go shower. I opened the door to the living corders and I stripped out of my sweat drenched clothes. I got into the shower, the first one I had in a few days. When I got out I looked in the dressers to see if there were clothes and to my surprise there was a couple standard uniform clothes along with socks and underwear. As soon as I got into my clothes I went to go see Akane. She was curled up in a ball under the blanket. She must have been awake when I walked in because she shifted to a upright position and flipped the blanket off of her head.
"You look pooped" she said smiling. "I'm very pooped. But I'm excited" I said smiling back. "Why?" She asked,"Starting tomorrow you have permission to leave this bed and walk around". She gawked "Really? That's fantastic, it's so boring in here... ugh and I can smoke again. That will be nice" she said smiling. "Yup, but that means you have to start training..." I said frowning. "But it's with you, so I don't care" she said still smiling. "Okay well I'm tuckered" I said laying my head down on the edge of the bed. She didn't protest. Her hand ran through my damp hair, she sighed and laid down. I welcomed sleep.