Chapter 3

Above is what Shanaya wore to Victoria Beckham's party.

Shanaya's POV:

After my friends left my house, my dad came home from his fashion week in the US.

Even though my dad was a busy man, he always had time for me. And that's what kept us close. I loved my dad, he treated me like a princess. I'm not talking about that he gave me everything, well he did, but he also gave a lot of love and support. More than a girl could ever ask from her dad. And that is something that I will always treasure in my heart. My dad and I always agreed on everything, whilst my mum and I hardly ever disagreed on anything except make-up.

My mum, was a well known make-up artist. Being so well known and famous, she mainly worked on movie sets in LA. However, when I got a choice to move to LA, I declined it, not wanting to move and start a fresh start. And plus, I loved living in London. However, this meant that I didn't really meet my mum much. But I was okay with it. Everyday, we would Skype each other and talk about anything and everything. I loved my mum, and believed that she should continue her dream and passion. But I did miss her sometimes. But when I did miss my parents, I had my brother.

My brother Sidharth, now 21, may be a jerk to people, but to me, he was a caring and protective person. And that's what I loved about him.

Anyways, enough of my family lecture.

When ever my dad arrives home, the first thing he does is meet me and we sit down for hours, talking. And that is exactly what we did.

'Shanaya, tonight I have a party to attend.' my dad started.

'Okay? That's fine but you only just arrived. Don't you think you should rest first?' I said, worried that my dad was too tired.

'No, I'm fine, I slept in the plane and the car so I have had enough rest.' I nodded in understanding.

'Victoria Beckham had organised a party for all famous fashion designers to attend and I got an invitation' I squealed in excitement. I loved Victoria Beckham's fashion, it was so good.

'And she said that I could bring a family member along. And seeing as your mum's in the US and your brother's going to a party tonight, do you wanna come along?'

Just as he finished his sentence, I jumped to hug my dad.
'Daddy, I would love to come!! I've always wanted to meet the Beckham's! I already know what I'm going to wear!' My dad saw my excitement and chuckled, hugging me back.

'Okay honey, I don't mind what you wear but make sure it's one of mine cause Victoria specifically said to wear your own designer.'

'Yes daddy, I was planning to wear one of your dresses, don't worry.' He nodded and smiled, leaving to let me get dressed.

First of all, I went to my en suite and took a long hot bath, using my favourite Lush to bathe my self in. I spent about half an hour before getting out and heading off to my walk in wardrobe to grab my dress. My wardrobe was so big, it could hold 2 or 3 king sized beds in it! I finally found my dress from my piles of clothes. A floor length white and emerald Indian dress. It had netting that covered my stomach and was really gorgeous. One of my favourites from my dad's collection. I quickly put it on and went to my dressing table my room. I got out my diamond and emerald dangling earrings with matching bracelets. I left my hair down and wet, the natural curls went down to my thighs. I dis my make-up but kept it light and not too heavy. Finally, I put on my white sparkling high heels.

I examined myself in my full length mirror on my wall. The dress's top had a v-neck that showed a bit of cleavage and the netting allowed a bit of my stomach to show but apart from that, my skin was covered in the shimmering white material. I think I looked pretty.