Chapter Two Life and Death.

I woke up the next morning feeling groggy. The sun was already shining through the curtains. Shit. It was already 2pm. I ran downstairs and gulped down what was supposed to be my breakfast. “Going to see Anne mum”. I said. I grabbed the book and surprisingly, I could actually read the title, guess my mum was right. “Giselle?” I stopped in my tracks, my back turned to her, hand on the door knob. “Be Careful. Remember, if you care about your friends you need to have precautions.” She sounded, all motherly-protection-know-it-all. Which is a change; she’s usually a very happy person… “Alright?” I said turning around, opening the door and letting the wind blow my hair.

Anne’s house wasn’t far from mine, so I would only need to walk for about 10 minutes and I’ll be there.

I rang the doorbell, and she opened it. “Hey!” we hugged. And that’s when it happened. A loud crash was heard from somewhere in the village, we looked up and could see a puff of smoke. Anne’s mum came rushing downstairs; saw the necklace and looked bewildered. “So... It is true.” She paused, looking me up and down, “I knew there was something wrong about you, it’s you they’re after. They hunted down your dad, and now they’re here for you—you were all monsters. GET OUT!! I WON’T HAVE MY DAUGHTER SEE A FREAK LIKE YOU” I looked stunned, I felt stunned. Who was she to call me a monster? Being a bender was—oh, I guess, I forgot I was a special type of bender… not the normal kind that bullied me for not being able to bend… no, I was a monster full of power, but what did this have to do with the fact our village could be blown to bits?

I ran home, tears streaming down my face…

 (HATHRAN’S POV)

*Somewhere in the middle of nowhere*

 “Where’s the angelic girl?” I asked, one of my guards. “S-she’s just left a human girl’s house, your highness.” I turned to face my soldier; I could see the fear in his eyes. I loved it when people feared me, especially the skimpy miserable humans who served me. I wanted to prove my honor as Demon Queen, and for that I had to kill the sister of power… the angelic bender. “looks like we’ll be meeting the lost sister soon.” I snickered to myself. I turned my gaze to the three soldiers accompanying me; “Hunt her down.” I made sure to pronounce the words clearly, to make their very souls shake. We raced off. “Burst the door down.” There was a loud smash and a scream; I stepped inside the house; seeing blood splattered on the floor, good, one less human to deal with. I turned a corner and spotted a girl with red hair, she was trying hard to not be scared. “Who are you!” she asked, her voice trembling. I pointed my claws at her throat. “I shall give you my name if you tell me where the bender is.” “Never.” She started to cry silently. “Little girl, do you know who I am? I have no patient for your stubbornness.” I took her arm, and with my claws; slit an ‘X’. Drops of blood fell on the floor. “I will ask you one more time. Where is the girl?” my voice getting louder with every word. I knew she’d say no, my teeth were ready for sucking and my claws ready to slit. “I would die, before I see you kill her. “She said,” tears still trickling down her cheeks, her eyes stared into mine. “You’re brave. But how come a human like you is standing up for someone who’s going to die? Death. That’s what you’re defending. She will die, but suite yourself, you said you’d die first.” I sank my teeth deep into the sensitive skin on her neck, and my claws imbedded in the middle of her chest. “Pity that. But, anyone who stands in our way will suffer.” I now turned to the soldier from earlier, “burn the house, put this body in the front outside as a warning.” I got out of the house… “She will be found”…