Chapter Eight: Perfection

I woke up at what I guessed to be midnight. I kept hearing voices, and screams. It was truly frightening. The ship was rocking very violently and I couldn’t help but wonder if any of the others were sleeping. I slowly crept out of bed, putting my boots and cover up on. I walked out of my cabin and onto the deck. I saw two shapes near the edge of the boat and I decided to see who it was. As I got closer I realized it was Vanessa and Kellan, I got closer and closer, and then, I stopped. They were kissing. I decided maybe I wouldn’t interrupt… I turned away and went back to my cabin, before I could fall back to sleep I heard my cabin door open. I pulled my swords out and realized it was James. “James… what’s up?” I asked. “Oh nothing really, I noticed you going out to the deck. Couldn’t sleep?” he said. “Yeah…” I said bringing my knees up to my face. “Why? Is something troubling you?” he asked. His eyes looked gentle, and calm. “Well… to tell you the truth, I saw Kellan and Vanessa kissing out on the deck. I don’t know why, but I felt sad. I don’t have a crush on him or anything but…” I stopped blankly, not knowing what else to say. “So, you’re jealous.” He said, more as if he was affirming it. “No! I-I simply said that I felt weird, I mean I’m proud that he has someone who likes him and stuff, but soon enough, I’ll be the lonely one… maybe it’s better that way though… I’m probably going to end up dead anyway, what with the demon girl attached to me and all.” I said, I hadn’t noticed but James was crying. “Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked giving him a tissue. “I don’t want you to die… if a savior comes on Earth to save; they shouldn’t have to die just because of us…”

The sun was slowly rising, and we heard Devan scream ‘LAND HO!!!’ James and I rushed outside to see what was happening. In the near distance; I could see the Earth symbol on a banner; a square with a circle crossed with an X. We were finally here. “Hey Devan, you said your friends are meeting us here right?” I asked. “Yeah, they should be at the docks.” We were pulling into the docks, and my mind wondered about the two boys who were supposedly going to help me learn water bending…

“Milady, your hotel rooms are on the East Side of the docks, as for your two friends; they’re waiting over there,” the soldier said, coming up to Devan. “Thank you, sir.”

Our group made our way to the two boys standing, keeping conversation. A tall curly haired lad carried flowers, as well as the other tall but not so much hair as the first. “Devan!” one of them said, the curly haired bowed and handed her the flowers. Devan laughed and joked with them as they knew each other for what seemed forever. She finally turned to us, and we introduced each other. “This is Niall, earth bender, Vanessa his cousin, also an earth bender. You know James; this is Kellan, fire bender, his twin sister Liz, also fire bender.” She finally came to me and nodded. “This is Giselle…” she said. “I’m Harry, this is Liam.” The curly one said. Harry had green eyes and cocoa hair, marking a look alike similarity with my dad. Liam on the other hand, had blue eyes and as for hair; snow white hair that was drooping into his eyes a bit. Harry bent and kissed my hand, as did Liam. “Perfection…” harry whispered against my hand, sending chills down my spine. “We look forward to teaching you water bending, milady.” Liam said. “Uh just, Giselle is fine.” I said. Harry was whispering something to Devan, and he quickly turned back to me, he grabbed my things and my horse and nodded in the East direction (where our hotel should be.) “I’ll guide you love.” He said. I felt myself get uneasy. “Is he always like this?” I asked Devan and Liam. “He’s the cheeky time; I wouldn’t worry about it much El.” Devan said, following Harry. “He’s a big cheese, ‘just Giselle’ he won’t hurt a fly, he’s just a flirt” Liam said with a low chuckle.

Alright then… guess you could add ‘cheesy flirty guy along with this jokingly nice guy’ to our list of companions.