Chapter Nine The Four Elements...plus one more

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: ok so i switched the names around: the main character's name is Giselle, and the twin that Perrie plays is now named Liz sorry for the confusion :s)

“LEFT! RIGHT! LEFT! RIGHT!” Liam was pounding this rhythm at the top of his lungs, as Harry and I were running and doing flips. “STOP!” he yelled. We stopped, Harry told me to put my feet shoulder length apart. “Arms up Giselle!” he kept saying. This was our fifth practice since we got here, and I was already pissed at Harry. “Maybe if you’d tell me HOW exactly to put my arms, you wouldn’t have to keep telling me this.” I snapped. This was it, he was going to scream. He took a deep breath, looked in Liam’s direction, than looked at me. He walked up to me, “you’re right. I’m sorry. You put your arms like this;” I was stunned. I held my stance as he placed my hands with his; they fit so perfectly…no, no, and no! I can’t think of him like that, I’m here to learn the elements not fall for someone I’ve known for five days… “Are you ready?” he asked. “Y-yeah...” I snapped out of my thoughts, and concentrated on what we were doing. “Left, than right hand, right foot, left hand. Good, next we’re going to your 5th gate open. Feet shoulder length, hands in front, focus on the buckets of water, okay?” he said looking at me for accord. I nodded. He took a few steps back, and I started. The same thing happened as it did when I tried the fire bending. But this time, I felt a cool sensation go from my head to my toes, I opened my eyes, and I was surrounded by what seemed to be bubbles. I closed my eyes again, and this time I heard Harry’s voice: “I love her…” he said. Liam’s voice was next, “What’s happening, are you sure it’s the water bending she’s activating, or is it her psychic gate?” I opened my eyes, saw the buckets of water and started to make the water that was in them, float. I made it swirl, I made some turn to ice, and then it happened again, this time with my eyes opened, I fixed my gaze on Harry, I was reading his mind, I could see in his thoughts, his heart, practically everything and what I saw was horrible and scared me. I soon closed my focus on my water bending I played with the water, and placed it back in the buckets when I was done. Harry came up to me, his dimple filled smile showing. “You did it, and that wasn’t all; I could feel strange vibes emitting from you when you looked at me. What happened?” he said. “I uh… nothing, nothing happened.” I said. Was this what Kellan was talking about? Being able to activate your psychic senses? But why was I able to read his mind?

I quickly ran out of the training area, leaving a startled Harry and Liam behind me. I ran to Kellan, not even knocking before I entered his room (which was a mistake). I barged in to find him and Vanessa, yet again, kissing, on his bed. “KELLAN YOU ASS!” I screamed and left, another pair of people stunned.

I ran to Devan’s room, but that too was disastrous. The only people that were left were Liz and James, and I prayed to the Spirits that they weren’t together as well. I ran to James’ room, he was sitting by the window reading. “JAMES! I NEED ANSWERS!” and without any warning I collapsed on the ground and cried, more like bawled…

I watched as he poured me a cup of tea, and sipped some. “What’s wrong?” he asked. “I’m scared… I’m a freak… I’m I’m…” “Stop putting yourself down. You aren’t a freak, why are you scared, what happened?” he asked, those tender eyes coming to contact with me again. ‘I wonder why she’s crying, why is she putting herself down like that,’ I kept reading through his thoughts, one right after the other, unable to stop it. I read through heart breaks, depression periods, fights and his secrets. ‘If she knew the truth she wouldn’t want to come to me for advice, the truth that I’m…’ I gasped. “What?” he asked clearly frightened. I didn’t say anything. I couldn’t say anything after what I just saw: probably his deepest secret ever. And I mean Ever. “*cough* Nothing..” I said looking away from his eye contact. I felt guilty, and I thought I should tell him. “How do you control your psychic gate?” I asked. “With practice.” He responded looking out the window. “I think, you’ll understand what I mean when I say ‘freak’ James…” I said becoming more and more uneasy. “I can sense you’re uneasy. What is it? Is it Harry? Is it water bending?” he asked concerned. “No… I learned water bending but… While I was concentrating on opening my 5th gate, I think I opened another one…” I said, feeling myself blush. “You’re 4th gate has been open. It’s the psychic gate; it’s connected in between the first three gates and so on and so forth. In your case, your psychic gates, are split into three, usually it’s only two.” He pulled out a diagram of what he was talking about.

“You have to get passed the psychic stages in order to get to the other gates, the psychic levels are divided in three groups, spirit, mind and body. There are ways to activate all of them at the same time but, if you do, it might make you go insane.” He said. “so would it help you if I told you I think I’ve already activated one of them?” I asked. “go ahead.” He said leaning back into his chair. “Well, I can read minds… I can feel when someone’s uneasy and the emotions they’re feeling.” I said. He looked at me then out the window, then back at me. “You’ve activated spirit and mind, all that’s left is body, which can’t happen until you’ve tried the sub elements…which are *deep breath* Blood bending, explosions used with the concentration of the mind, respertory bending and last but not least, body bending.” I could tell he was uneasy. “those sound… those are so gruesome!” I exclaimed. He stood, “well, it’s the truth. Now c’mon let’s go eat.”

We went to the dining hall where, I met all of those who were victims of my frantic ‘barging in’ sequences from earlier. I sat next to Harry, with James beside me. “Uh, Giselle… are you ok from earlier?” Harry asked. “Yeah! Fit as a fiddle!” I said a little too perky.

After Diner, James followed me to my room. “El, I wanted to know something.” He asked, leaning on the door frame. “What did you read in my mind that made you gasp like that?” I froze. “Did you see who my crush is?” he chuckled. I slowly turned. “You know what I saw?” I asked, surprised. “Well, it’s not too hard to guess since my crush is a guy.” He said coming into the room. “So, am I the only one who knows?” I asked hesitantly, the fact that I had practically barged in to my friend’s mind and found out he was gay wasn’t exactly the nice way to find these things out. “Yes, actually. Not even Dev, knows.” He looked out the window. “I am really sorry, for finding out that way I mean… reading your mind.” He turned to me. “I’ve never been kissed you know? By a girl…” he said. I smiled. “It’s nothing special; I mean I haven’t had my first kiss yet either so we’re equal. He slowly leaned in, keeping his eyes locked on my lips. Before they could touch, he backed away. Leaving my having trouble breathing. He chuckled. “So…did you see who the guy was or…” he stood up getting ready to leave. “No, no… I didn’t.” I lied. As he left, I kept thinking about what I had seen in his mind. He was heartbroken, and yet he was still liking someone else. That crush he had was Harry.

 (Author's Note: ok so here i wanted to have a good twist so i hope this was good enough. There's supposed to be a diagram to show you what james is talking about but it didn't work so, basically all the elements in a bender's body is split by the Psychic element k? k.)