Chapter Thirty-Two: The Storm Has Calmed

[AUTHOR'S NOTE: This isn't the end by the way... :) Enjoy.]

                The sun was shining through the big window in the bedroom. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom on the tree outside the window and I could hear a river rustling in the near distance. I sat up in the bright white bed I was laying in. Where was I? There was a light knock on the door followed by a man entering. “I was scared to wake you.” He sat down on the chair near the window, his hands on his knees in a half nervous way. “So, um… are you well rested? Breakfast is served down stairs…” he slowly got up after an awkward silence had occurred between us. “Wait, who are you?” I asked a hint of shyness in my voice. The man was tall, lanky in shape and had cocoa brown hair like me. His face was kind and warm and I could have sworn to know him. “Giselle, you…you don’t recognize me? …no of course you wouldn’t, you were only small child at the time.” He said more to himself then to me. I slowly rose from the bed. He turned to face me, his hands hanging nervously on his sides. “Well Giselle, I’m your father.” He smiled brightly; I couldn’t feel my legs; my whole body going numb. “Dad?” I said, hesitation growing. He nodded vigorously. I couldn’t stand it anymore, I jumped into his open arms; crying. “Sweetie, don’t cry. It’s alright now. I’m here now. We’re here now.” I looked at him, “We’re?” he nodded and glanced towards the door, my mum stepped in; dressed in a wonderfully long gown. “MUM!!!” I yelled and hugged her; crying twice as hard. “But how?” I didn’t even care at this point. They were here, and alive. “Honey, we’re so extremely proud of you.” He said rubbing my back. I started crying even more; remembering what my dear friend had done.

            We sat on the bed, and one by one, they all came in. Kellan first, laughing his crazy real laugh. Next, Niall and Vanessa, Niall looked well, and Vanessa had her purple eyes back. After them was Liam and James; I was told that Vanessa and Kellan were to be married and insisted that they wouldn’t plan the day until I had woken up. Harry came in, kissing my forehead.

I hadn’t gotten emotional until the last person stepped into the room.

“I’m glad you’re awake,” he said. I looked up at him, it really couldn’t be true. He couldn’t be standing there in flesh and blood in front of me. “You… you’re alive?” was all I could say. He laughed his shy laugh, and came closer. “It really isn’t, I won’t believe it’s you.” I said in flabbergast. He was now standing right beside me; he took my hand and led it to his chest. “You better believe it, because my heart is beating. It’s me Giselle, it’s your Remel,” he had started crying and had kneeled down and placed his head in my lap, “I am sorry.” He sobbed. He was like a small, lost child. Crying over the loss of a beloved sister, I raised his head, “it’s okay now. We’re safe, and it’s thanks to him.”

            Weeks passed, fall turned to winter, and winter into spring, and the time had come to turn back, or rather to turn to a new page in the book. What I could never understand as a child was how the heroes in all those adventure stories returned to their normal lives after all the pain and dark times they had gone through. But now I know, they never did return to their normal lives, it was never going back. It was going forward, and that’s what the hardest part of the whole story was, though never mentioned, was going forward after what had become of them as a person, or what had become of the world. Some things never change, and others change so that everything may go on as they were or go on as they are supposed to be. But how can things truly mend? The answer to that question may vary depending the person. My answer to it is that, nothing truly mends; nothing will ever truly mend. I haven’t found the right way to word my reasons so that people may understand it, but it is my answer to that question.

            The world never ceases to advance, we have a choice; to go with it or get left behind. In my case, my turn in this story had ended, and as far as moving forward, that was a matter of discussion of complete difference. As I found out later on, my turn in this tale is but a mere pebble amongst the tallest mountains…