•A Dinner With Slughorn•

[Thought ]
[Spell ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Currently, Hermione, Harry and Y/N were in Slughorn's office, together with few other students, eating.

Y/N wasn't really paying attention to what they were chatting about, but he had the uneasy feeling that he somehow wasn't supposed to be there.

After all, he never really liked being among too many people.

He was sitting between Hermione and Neville, eating his ice cream in silence.

In that exact moment, Ginny got in.

Slughorn: How about you, Y/N? Do you like potions?
He suddenly asked.

Y/N looked at him.
Y/N: Yes. I've always loved potions.
He said, remembering the Polyjuice Potion they had brewed inside Myrtle's bathroom, during their Second Year.

Slughorn: Well, your potions are indeed very good. Only a fool could claim the opposite.
He said.

Y/N: Thank you, sir. You flatter me.
He said, smiling.

Slughorn felt a little uneasy, looking at him, but he kept speaking nontheless.

Slughorn: I couldn't help to notice that you and Mr Malfoy spend a lot of time together in the library, lately.
He said.

Y/N flinched, as the entire room fell silent.
They were all looking at him.

Y/N: Oh, Y-Yes.
He said, chuckling awkwardly.

Slughorn: Are you two close friends?
He asked.

Y/N: One could say so.
He said, chuckling.

He then got up, and Harry suddenly did the same.

They looked at each other for a few instants, and then Harry sat down again.

Y/N looked at Slughorn.
Y/N: Sorry, Sir, but I think I'll be going, now. It's been a pleasure being in your company.
He said.

Slughorn: Oh... Alright, then. I'll see you at the next lesson.
He said.

With that, Y/N left the room.

He went straight to the dorm, and laid down. However, because of Ron's excessively loud snoring, he decided to head downstairs.

He sat on the floor, in front of the fireplace, staring at the flames.

Y/N: Ugh, he really is scared of me, isn't he? It's not like I'm going to turn into Snake face at any moment...
He thought, as Harry suddenly got in.

He looked at him, but Y/N didn't even bother to look away from the fireplace.

Harry: Y/N-
He was about to say, when Y/N cut him off.

Y/N: It's ok, Harry. We already told ourselves what we needed to say. It's ok that you don't like my relationship with Malfoy, I totally understand. I can't just force you, it's totally fine-
He said, but it was Harry's turn to cut him off.

Harry: No. I just wanted to apologize to you.
He said.

Y/N kept his straight face, totally unfazed by his words.

Y/N: It doesn't matter, Harry.
He said.

Harry: It does!
He shouted, finally making Y/N turn around.

Harry took a deep breath.

Harry: Why didn't you tell me that Umbridge was doing that to you? Why do you always keep things for yourself! I want to help you! I want to do something for you, like you always did for me! But I just can't, if you don't tell me what makes you upset!
He said.

Y/N: Harry, you don't have to worry about me-
He was about to say, when Harry cut him off again.

Harry: I'm worried sick, Y/N! Stop telling me not to worry! I don't care if it's Malfoy, or someone else! If you're happy with him, then I'm happy too! As long as he doesn't hurt you, it'll be ok!
He said exasperatedly.

Y/N looked at him. He then smiled a little, pulling him in a hug.

Y/N: Thank you, Harry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
620 words.